Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This torque arm design looks interesting

http://www.unbalancedengineering.com/Camaro/TA/

somehow I think it might be a hair noisy.

Doesn't Global West make a similar torque arm?
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I believe so, but I haven't seen a close up of it like this. I am curious as to the operation. It's got to make some noise..............

Comment

put a thud every time u reaccel. but it looks like some1 modified traction bars
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I have a Global West Traclink, and while the overall design is similar, mine ain't, um, that UGLY. The Traclink is round tube, has a single mounting point to the factory tranny crossmember, and round tube going to the mounting plate under the drivers side rear passenger seat for the first piece. It then mounts to the torque arm mount on the chunk, and has two adjustable mounts attached to two tubes meeting at a single point, which slides into a double bushing mount that is on the first piece, which allows the chunk-attached part to use it as a suspension to cut down on the noise. As long as you have the double bushing greased properly, the only time you hear any noise is when the rearend goes over something that causes a lot of motion, or on a real hard launch. Otherwise, it's nearly as quiet as stock, but without the stress on the tailhousing.

Most people who ride in my car do not know that it even has a torque arm in it, much less the Spohn single adjustable poly ended LCA's and PHR. But a lot of that is thanks to Dynamat noise control mounted from the gas tank to the firewall. I used to have double adjustable, double spherical rod ended LCA's and PHR, and it was so loud I hated driving the car. So with that torque arm, you can just imagine how loud it would be. I'm still trying to figure out how they got that monstrosity under the car with it clearing everything.
          "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Working...
          X