Head Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Question

I have several sets of heads laying around my house and was wondering about a difference in the 87 L98 vette heads. They have 4 bolt holes above the exhaust ports grouped in pairs roughly an inch to an inch and a half below the valve cover sealing lip. Now not really caring before I never looked at any of the Vetts at the car shows this summer, but now I was just wondering what they are for. I did an internet search and came up empty. Any of you know what Im talking about? Here is a pic.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

no one has any idea?

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

If I remeber right I think they are for spark plug spreaders or engine covers. Its just something for a bracket to bolt to.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

The LT1/LT4 heads have the same holes. A buddy of mine bent me up some need plug wire brackets that used the holes, when I was running my bolt-on setup with over-the-top plug wires.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

thanks guys, dont think I can use the holes for wire loom but I might see if I can make some kind of LS style fuel rail cover to fit under my Super Ram. Then a guy wouldnt have to look at all the hoses running on top of the valve covers.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
          6.2L/382.97 ci
          Custom PROM Dyno tuned
          WCT-5 speed
          BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
          Boss MS 18" Rims
          Custom Dual exhaust
          1LE upgrade