1987 camaro engine trouble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 camaro engine trouble

hey i was wondering if anybody had this problem before: i was driving in the back roads around my house, i ran over a huge puddle of water, i dunno wha i was thinking. but anyways, right after that, my car stalled. the oil and battery lights came on. then it wouldnt start. me and my dad towed it to my house, but we have no clue whats wrong., the oil level is good, anti freeze, fuses, the works. but we dunno whats wrong...any help?
    1987 Chevrolet Camaro RS auto
    2.8 liter V6
    Fuel Injected

Mods-
    Iroc style ground effects
    Clear parking lamps (instead of standard yellow)

Originally posted by LatinTruth28
    then it wouldnt start
    That is a bit too vague. Does the starter crank it over or is it totally dead?

You also might want to create a signature file containing some basic info about your car, like what size motor it has, if it is an automatic or stick nad if it is modified from stock in any way.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

alright, imma work on the info, but yes it does crank, but while it cranks, the temperature light comes on...but theres anti freeze in it already... a guy told me maybe the coil got water on it
      2.8 liter V6
      Fuel Injected

Mods-

Comment

Water on/in the ignition would definatly do that. That being said, using some dielectric grease on each plug wire boot on both the spark plug and distributer ends will help seal out any moisture contamination.

Comment

Originally posted by LatinTruth28
          alright, imma work on the info, but yes it does crank, but while it cranks, the temperature light comes on...but theres anti freeze in it already... a guy told me maybe the coil got water on it
          That would be my guess just based on your information.

Comment

ok car infos in sig
            2.8 liter V6
            Fuel Injected

Mods-

Comment

ehh...

hey i changed the spark plug wires, recharged the battery, but now smoke comes from the radiator....it starts, but shuts off when i try to drive
              2.8 liter V6
              Fuel Injected

Mods-

Comment

Working...
              X