X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this fit?

Will this throttle body coolant bypass kit fit my car?-

http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/tb-bypass.html
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

You can buy the brass fitting at Home Depot for under $4.00 and the two clamps at the auto parts store for about $1.50........

Comment

You don't need anything at all on a 95-97 engine. You can simply remove the elbow off the passenger side connection, pull the hose off the drivers side TB connection and connect it on the coolant lines where the elbow used to connect.

Only the 93/94 engines need the coupler and clamps.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Wow, really? I thought this helped keep everything nice and tidy? Thanks guys! You just saved me $20!
        Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
        SOLD- Kinda miss it
        SOLD- Good riddance!
        2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

If you want to keep it neat and tidy, get a pair of 3/8" vacuum caps to put over the throttle body connections. See on the TB below....

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Alright, I ordered an SLP shift knob, I have all the kickboxing equipment I need and I've still got some money to spare. I think I'll start Christmas shopping. When all is said and done, I think a set of weld in SFC's are my car's near future, as well as an STB. Maybe LCA's down the line, followed by a panhard bar. As I said though, Christmas is coming
            SOLD- Kinda miss it
            SOLD- Good riddance!

Comment

I just recieved my shift knob!!! It's only been 36 or so hours since i ordered it. Afterthoughtsauto.com didn't waste any time, apperently.
              SOLD- Kinda miss it
              SOLD- Good riddance!

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                You don't need anything at all on a 95-97 engine. You can simply remove the elbow off the passenger side connection, pull the hose off the drivers side TB connection and connect it on the coolant lines where the elbow used to connect.

Only the 93/94 engines need the coupler and clamps.
                Exactly what Fred says - you don't need any kit to do a tidy job of the TB bypass on a '95.

Comment

Working...
                X