gen1350 chevy build ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gen1350 chevy build ideas

a friend of mine has just parted out a 91 ta which he is going to use the motor from to put into his 87 ta 305 tpi. he is going to rebuild the 350 and wants to know the best combination of parts to use.he wants to keep it tpi and the car is mainy a street car but does see quite a bit of strip action
    http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
    C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
    mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

If he is doing a full rebuild I would make it a stroker. The only thing about that is with a 383 and stock TPI he wont be able to rev much past 4500 RPM, without upgrading the intake, runners and heads. If a guy is thrifty and has a little time you can get a good deal on e-bay for a super ram or stealthram for $500 to $1000, and a good set of used L98 aluminum heads for between $250 to $1000 bucks for a set. Then have them ported and bigger valves put in. Or if money isnt a problem get a new set of heads. But Stock TPI isnt the best for making power, as it just cant sustain RPM past 5000 on a stock 350. For the street its good but not for the track. The Super Ram and stealthram will get you to 7000 RPM and have no restrictions. The SR and STR will sacrifice a little tourque down low for HP up top.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror