Custom Loudmouth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Loudmouth

Alright, I think its tme to get rid of the Flowmasters. I've heard the Loudmouth for real and love it. SLP sells the original Loudmouth Shotgun Resonator for 75 dollars. Its a 3" inlet and 3" outlet which will fit perfectly onto the 3 inch pipe down the center of my car. Then I will just have to get a 2.5" pipe and weld it where the flowmaster muffler was. Im pretty sure thats how its set up. This way I wont have to buy the whole kit and just use my existing pipes. Does this sound right??
    1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Ummmm, no, not really, not without some explanation. You only have the one cross-flow muffler, correct? If so, then you'll need to do more work if you wanna keep both tailpipes. You'll need to put a Y-pipe after the over-axle and plumb it to both tailpipes. If you already have this Y-pipe in place and are running 2 mufflers (which I would really like to see, as I've never heard of anyone doing this), then your idea is correct...in theory. If you do indeed have the crossflow muffler though, as I think you probably do, I would just buy the kit and save yourself the hassle. Should only take you a couple hours to do, really simple and you'll love the results . Hope this helps.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Gotchya, I forgot about the split after the (over the axle) pipe. I'll try and get an estimate from the local shop, but where can I get the lowest price for the loudmouth kit these days? I searched around and saw a couple prices. Thanks for the help steve.
      1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Anytime man .

So far, Stealth Performance has it for $350, cheapest I can find. I'm kindof amazed at how much it has gone up in price. I remember when it was $299 not that long ago. Your adapter kit is only $35 I believe, and I would not skip this kit. It includes all the brackets and hangars you'll need to make it fit properly and it really makes the install easier. Also, check eBay. I got mine from a guy almost 2 yrs. ago for $360 shipped with the resonator cut off (but still included) and the Sweet Thunder muffler in place. Just a thought.
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Check all the for sale sections of stuff like ls1.com, ls2.com, ls1tech.com, this board, and any of the other f-body related ones. I scored mine for a LOT cheaper than you'd think from a local guy who was converting his car to a straight up drag car. You'd be surprised at how much you can save.

BTW, the loudmouth on a no-cat car is unbearable, worse with long tubes. Be afraid, be very afraid
          "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Speedinc was the cheapest I found new. They matched another website's price... while keeping thier cheaper shipping. In the end it was like $320 shipped new for my LM2.

Cheapest I've seen, alot better than SLPonline, for sure.

Summit is actually cheap, too, and crazy fast.

With your setup I think you might want to consider a cutout as a value optino.

Comment

Working...
            X