Replacement Catalytic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Catalytic

I will be picking up a 94 firebird formula that is in really awesome shape for very cheap. It is a buddies at work. The only problem is it has failed smog for bad cat. I do not want the 300+ dollar system that is the xpipe/cat but just a replacement cat that i can weld in. What is the in/out of the cat, so i can get a highflow magnaflow or catco universal and weld it up. Thanks

-Matt

Where are you located? I have a stock y-pipe with cat in very good condition that you can have cheap. I think it has 2-3/4" in/out.

Comment

im all the way in good old california. shipping to 91350? Will this pass smog ?

anyone got the input/output

Comment

bump to the top. Anyone have the in/out measurement of the cat.

Just picked up a 94 Firebird Forumula LT1 A4 for 1500 cash. Car needs a cat and she passes smog and drives great. Has 130k and a brand new transmission...

-Matt

Comment

if you want something cheap any muffler shop can weld on a cat for you. I'm sure you can find a midas or mineke.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I've got the welder and the know how. I really just need the measurement of the in/out of the cat for sure so I can order it from summit. thanks..

anyone?

Comment

I will try to remember to get out and measure my old one tonight. It only has 50K miles and appears to be in great shape, if you want me to send it out. I can cut out just the cat to save on shipping, or send the whole y-pipe if I can get it boxed.

Comment

In/Out is 2.75" I believe. Id go with a Carsound High Flow Cat. They sell on ebay for about $60 last time I checked. Im not sure where that zip code is from, are you in So. Cali?
                1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

The input side looks like it is 2 3/4". The output end is the ball end, which bolts up to a flared 2 3/4" catback with a flange.

Comment

Working...
                  X