aluminum spindles??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aluminum spindles??

hey this is my first post here i usualy post at mnfbody but knowledge is gettin hard to come by over there!!

i have a 3rd gen and i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get aluminum spindles ? also i heard that c5 brakes are fairly similar so it might be a posibility that the spindles from the c5 would fit therefor also giving u the c5 brakes anyone know anything about this?

I've never herd of auminum spindles, and I don't think I would want them, as they would be quite bulky compared to a steel one. I have herd of aluminum Calipers that bolt to the spindle, and you can put C5 calipers and rotters on with a kit. By the time its done though with time and money its abou the same price as getting the Baer 13" setup and putting it on. Plus the baer setup comes with new spindles, brake lines, calipers and rotors for $1079.00 from hawks third gen parts.

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/inc/sdetail/17295

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...mht_baerfacts/

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

That's so mean! Beautiful...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

My next upgrade, should put them on this spring, but I think ill opt for the slotted only rotors. Ill also jut put the rotors on the back as the baer replacment system for the third gen is exactly the same as whats there right now. Just with baer stamped callipers.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
        6.2L/382.97 ci
        Custom PROM Dyno tuned
        WCT-5 speed
        BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
        Boss MS 18" Rims
        Custom Dual exhaust
        1LE upgrade

Comment

Oh and with the C5 swap you have to modify the spindles with a sawsall and drill holes for bolts, then mount a spacing bracket, then the caliper. The baer setup is already done, just bolt it on. I think you can save $200-$250 by doing it your self but then you get 1" smaller rotors too.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
          6.2L/382.97 ci
          Custom PROM Dyno tuned
          WCT-5 speed
          BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
          Boss MS 18" Rims
          Custom Dual exhaust
          1LE upgrade

Comment

i seen a f body on ebay for sale a little wile ago and the guy said he had aluminum drop spindles in it he was also giving u the stock ones he said he instlled them when the car was brand new in 86. im lookin for every posible way to save weight iv got a tubular front k member tubular rear suspension im ordering tubular front a arms next week but the spindles are so darn heavy and ugly front rust

Comment

Not available for 3rd gens. If they were people on thirdgen.org would have them. I found one post from 4 years ago about aluminum spindles, and the answer then was available.

There is someone trying to get drop spindles available for 3rd gens. No company is currently making those either.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
              '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
              Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Working...
              X