Rear end said boom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear end said boom

Going like 45, downshifted to second, gunned it and just heard clicking and rattling. Looked under car, torque arm is ripped where it connects to the rear end, springs are bent, car is sagging, and it sounds like there are marbles rattling around my rear end.

Time for 4.10's, and maybe more. Gotta rip it apart to see what else is wrong. Hopefully nothing too major. This car only had 2 more weeks before it went into storage so I'm not totally bummed.

I can also see that my tire was hitting the inner wheel well on the passenger side because the car was like slammed.

I think a bolt came loose. That TA shouldn't have snapped, I'm not making that much power.

Pics and more info to come.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Nice work!
    1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

lol

I think I might know what's wrong... I think a driveshaft bolt came loose. Have to take a closer look tomorrow.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

Not too bad. Rear end seems to be fine after I looked at it and got it up. Torque arm is ripped in two places, at the top and bottom of where it mounts to the rear end. It is tweaking the rear end toward the group and bending some stuff up. Good thing I didn't drive it like this at all. Could have really messed some stuff up. I had it up on stands and started it up and made the tires roll, and it vibrates making a clicking noise. I think it's because everything is bent down. I am going to pull the rear end cover and make sure that's all good, and if it is I'm going to go ahead and order a BMR Adj. TA.

Sucks...

Comment

id fine out why the t/a is bent. they just dont bend out of the blue. maybe a axel locked up and u busted it loose but in the process bent the t/a?. spin the wheels and check the wheel bearings for any play
          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

It isn't bent at all. The TA is ripped. It snapped, not bent. I don't know if you mean the same thing by saying bent. I don't know what the deal is all together.

How can I check my axels?

Comment

Working...
            X