Aftermarket turbo kits for V8 and V6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket turbo kits for V8 and V6

Someone was looking for a turbo for their V6 and I accidently deleted the PM, so for those that are looking for a power adder, here ya go............

http://www.force-fed-fabrications.com/index2.htm

anyone ever deal with these guys on a Lt1 setup those are some pretty sweet number on a stock car ! but i always thought you couldn;t turbo a lt1 because of the reverse coolant flow or something like that???

Comment

Man, I dunno If I'd recommend that place. Did you look at their stuff at all? It looks like a binch of drunk high schoolers put it together. The welds are terrible, the fit sucks, it's all filthy. yuck.

They do mostly V6 turbos, but have one video of a LT1 turbo they did. I was confused during the video. They have a shop vac hooked up to something with lots of smoke coming out of it. Also at the end of the video there is what looks like aluminum shavings all over the floor. Can someone watch the video and explain to me what is going on in it?

http://www.force-fed-fabrications.com/videos/speed.wmv
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Without watching the video, best guess is that they cooked the motor. Anything over 7 psi in a stock LT-1 will crush the ring lands. I don't for even one minute buy a stock LT-1 handling 14 psi without severe breakage. That being said, I've seen quite a few handle 5-7 psi and put out some impressive torque and live.

Comment

I few v6 guys are making great power with thier kit. Most notably would be the one pushing 456hp and 509tq @ 5000rpm. The reason it's at 5000rpm is because they lost the signal to the tach at 5000rpm so im sure there's more power in there because both curves are still going up at the end of the graph. I'll try and post some links so you all can see what he's got.
          EDIT: That run was at 14.5 psi and he it shut down due to 5* of KR. And here's a link to his mod list http://www.turbov6camaro.com/mod.htm And seeing the torque already at 509 ft lbs and still moving up at 5000rpm and 5252rpm tq=hp would mean that he's pushing over 500rwhp.
          '99 SSM Camaro V6 M5
          Stock with an irratic idle...
          (218/218 .528/.528 112LSA 112IC)

Comment

wasn;t that off of the video ? if so that is a V8 car, I can;t see a v6 firebird puttin out those kind of numbers on a stock motor but that is just my .02

Comment

i beleive he was the guy to crack the code on the v6 i guess, i heard bout it in another forum.
              2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

" the code " what is that ?
                like timing or something?

Comment

Originally posted by sweenslt1
                  " the code " what is that ?
                  like timing or something?
                  No, the code is the language the factory PCM speaks. In order to reprogram it, someone must first crack it, or "break the code" so to speak. The V8 PCM was cracked a long time ago.
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:
                  SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by sweenslt1
                    wasn;t that off of the video ? if so that is a V8 car, I can;t see a v6 firebird puttin out those kind of numbers on a stock motor but that is just my .02
                    Yeah, it was also the video with shards of metal all over the floor afterwards. That couldnt of been good. All that power is worthless if it destroys the motor.
                    Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:

Comment

No, that was not Viper's car (turbo v6 with 456 and 509) in the video; although I do believe he has a dyno video on his website.
                      '99 SSM Camaro V6 M5
                      Stock with an irratic idle...
                      (218/218 .528/.528 112LSA 112IC)

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                        Man, I dunno If I'd recommend that place. Did you look at their stuff at all? It looks like a binch of drunk high schoolers put it together. The welds are terrible, the fit sucks, it's all filthy. yuck.

They do mostly V6 turbos, but have one video of a LT1 turbo they did. I was confused during the video. They have a shop vac hooked up to something with lots of smoke coming out of it. Also at the end of the video there is what looks like aluminum shavings all over the floor. Can someone watch the video and explain to me what is going on in it?

http://www.force-fed-fabrications.com/videos/speed.wmv
                        Looks like they were just having a little fun with a "donor" motor and pushing the limits of the LT1 to see what it is capable of. But, I can't say that it was very smart to lay in front of a car spraying N20 into the inlet while a car is on the dyno.

I personally know of 3-4 guys around the San Antonio are that are running over 11-12 lbs on bone stock LT1's with absolutely no problems. The tune has got to be dead on though, but it is very possible. Those guys have many hours spent on the dyno getting the tune dead on. Murillo Motorsports has a great reputation for tuning boosted cars. You can also run slightly more boost
                        on stock motors by running a vaccum pump and creating a vacuum in the crankcase. I suspect that is what these guys in the video were making a poor attempt at doing.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                          I personally know of 3-4 guys around the San Antonio are that are running over 11-12 lbs on bone stock LT1's with absolutely no problems. The tune has got to be dead on though, but it is very possible. Those guys have many hours spent on the dyno getting the tune dead on. Murillo Motorsports has a great reputation for tuning boosted cars. You can also run slightly more boost
                          on stock motors by running a vaccum pump and creating a vacuum in the crankcase. I suspect that is what these guys in the video were making a poor attempt at doing.
                          I would imagine there is "0" room for error. Some form of fuel enrichment via propane, methanol or very high octane would have to be part of the mix. I still wouldn't want to do it with stock pistons.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                            I would imagine there is "0" room for error. Some form of fuel enrichment via propane, methanol or very high octane would have to be part of the mix. I still wouldn't want to do it with stock pistons.
                            They were all using the factory fuel system, 93 Octane, and no other form of fuel or enrichment or water injection. I even talked to ProCharger a few times about them and they succesfully tested several LT1's at 12 psi with their D1SC model. But yes, that is pushing it. It's all in the tune though.

Dude, Wilma looks like she is pissed off and possibly making a turn towards you!

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                              They were all using the factory fuel system, 93 Octane, and no other form of fuel or enrichment or water injection. I even talked to ProCharger a few times about them and they succesfully tested several LT1's at 12 psi with their D1SC model. But yes, that is pushing it. It's all in the tune though.

Dude, Wilma looks like she is pissed off and possibly making a turn towards you!
                              Unreal. i can't imagine that much boost using stock hypers. I still don't think I would do it. It's much safer to simply install better slugs. On a side note, did I mention that hurricanes suck?

Comment

Working...
                              X