No announcement yet.

Power window motor from eBay doubts...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power window motor from eBay doubts...

Does the 9 tooth driver gear power window motor a better "upgrade" than the OEM?....Does this feature mean a stronger motor than OEM? Are the bolt& nuts a better replacement than the rivetes?...The car vibrations could lose them in time, or am I wrong?...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-97...ayphotohosting

Thanks a lot for your points of view...
    Dochidalgo
    97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Autozone sells brand new Siemens motors for around $50. I've never used the ebay motors, because Autozone has them in stock and by the time you buy them with shipping and insurance, you end up with a no warranty questionable motor that isn't all that simple to do the first time, much less multiple times. I have a Siemens in my bird on the drivers side and two in my Astro, and they work as well or better than the factory ones did, IMO.
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Doc, an item like this you are better off dealing with a local parts outlet. You'll get a warranty and a quick replacement should something go wrong.

Comment

OK guys...
        thanks for your comments..
        I will go to Autozone...
        Regards
        Dochidalgo

Comment

Oh yeah, as far as the bolts go, no issues. The ones I got came with star washers which act like a lock washer, so they won't spin when you tighten them and they don't come loose.

Comment

Thanks a lot "Father"...jejejeje

Regards
            dochidalgo

Comment

Man, didn't realize that was still up there. It was in regards to the Darth Vader/Burger King commercials when Darth says,

"Brandon, I am your Father"

"No you're not, you just want my money."

"Brandon, I am your..... uncle"

Comment

Originally posted by dochidalgo
                OK guys...
                thanks for your comments..
                I will go to Autozone...
                Regards
                Dochidalgo
                Tienen un Autozone en Coahuila?
                1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Si, una tienda tan grande como la localizada en Eagle Pass Texas.
                  Increíble, no?

Saludos
                  dochidalgo

Comment

Doc, ¿No es es un dolor en el extremo constantemente cruzado el huésped?

Comment

No habla espanol!

Comment

Sorry Joe, I couldn't understand you...well...
                        I'm guessing you tell me its a p@in in the @ss to cross the Rio Grande each time i have to go to Autozone. Well, yes, because i have to travel 90 miles, then the US Costum inspectors check the car, answer several questions etc etc , seems to me I'm a criminal in a trial...but, I understand USA costum politics and respect them.

But, I have an Autozone store here in my little town and guess what?...they have in stock the 2 Siemens window lift motors....that's a miracle!!! wow

Well, another problem solved by you guys...thanks a lot loveya
                        dochidalgo

Comment

yeah doc, my spanish isn't too good...... but you were close enough to get the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                            yeah doc, my spanish isn't too good...... but you were close enough to get the idea.
                            Not bad Joe! Not bad at all! Kudos for you!
                            1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Working...
                            X