Long Tube ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Tube ?

I was looking at some long-tubes and the description says "dual exhaust only/ limited ground clearance". I don't want to lose the cat or convert to a dual exhaust. Is there a way I can get a y-pipe fabricated and put on there so that I can keep he setup at least similar to whats on there now?
    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Yes you can get a y-pipe fabed but its gona cost some money and you may have to move the cat, but it can be done. I personaly would go with a really good set of short headers coated if it were me. Dont bother with the SLP short tubes as they are expensive and only .1 inches bigger ID than the headman 1 5/8 short tubes for half the price. Its alot easier to build a y-pipe for the shorties, and you can buy off the shelf ones for shorties.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

cool thanks man, ill probably go with that then. I think its more worth the money to do that anyway.
      -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Working...
      X