This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over Rated BF Goodrich G Force Tire

I don't understand why everybody likes the BF Goodrich G Force tire so much unless your soul purpose is taking it to the drag strip. Great traction you say, but what fun is it if you can't spin your tires without power breaking and killing your brakes in the meantime unless you have line locks. (Another expense.) Plus good traction causes extra strain on the transmission. I would rather have a set of tires that I can feather the gas if I want great traction, or be able to slam it and spin all over the place in tire smoke without touching my brakes.
    94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Ummmmm, I really hate to say this, but what are you smokin'?

I've run g-Force TA KDW tires all the way around and they're great. Great traction through all seasons yet easy to smoke if I want to. I've been very happy with them and surprised they've lasted me as long as I have with the way I drive lol . What made you come to your conclusion?
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Agreed ^^^

JasonG

Comment

What are you smokin. If your smokin them then you arent getting very good traction are you.
        94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by EquatorHeat00
          What are you smokin. If your smokin them then you arent getting very good traction are you.
          Not when I do a 2500-3000 rpm clutch-drop lol

If I'm driving normally, even "spirited", they hold the car fine. So, to answer your question, nothing unless I want to lol
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Guess I'm really screwing up my car running ET Drags at the track, and BFG Drag Radials on the street.... very hard to break either of them loose.

Seems odd to fault the tires because your car isn't properly equipped to use their capabilities, or you lack technique.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I would rather have a set of tires that I can feather the gas if I want great traction, or be able to slam it and spin all over the place in tire smoke without touching my brakes.
              Then with your list of mods, you should buy crappy tires. The object of good tires is to grip, not spin. That's the quickest way around a corner and in a drag race. By the way, with your list of mods, if you have to feather the throttle for traction, in reality you won't have good traction at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                Then with your list of mods, you should buy crappy tires. The object of good tires is to grip, not spin. That's the quickest way around a corner and in a drag race. By the way, with your list of mods, if you have to feather the throttle for traction, in reality you won't have good traction at all.
                Plus, take into consideration the loss of speed through a corner while feathering the gas. Good tires (like the KDW's) will hold the car through the corner, allowing you to keep a steady foot on the throttle.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I don't understand why everybody likes the BF Goodrich G Force tire so much unless your soul purpose is taking it to the drag strip. Great traction you say, but what fun is it if you can't spin your tires without power breaking and killing your brakes in the meantime unless you have line locks. (Another expense.) Plus good traction causes extra strain on the transmission. I would rather have a set of tires that I can feather the gas if I want great traction, or be able to slam it and spin all over the place in tire smoke without touching my brakes.
                  More horsepower will solve that "problem".

The KDW tires didn't have enough traction during acceleration for me, I would have preferred more. Occaisionally, I wouldn't even be able to keep the rear end planted on the 1-2 shift and I would actually need to lift off the throttle to regain control. Barking the tires on the shift is one thing - actually being on the verge of losing control to the point where you have to lift is another.

EquatorHeat, do you ever race (not roll racing on highways at 3 AM - but actually go to the drag strip or race course)? I gotta believe that if you do, you wouldn't really be complaining about too much traction...
                  Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Acceleration & Cornering is fun... And sticky tires help you with that... But the main reason I like sticky tires... BRAKING!! If I have to stop quickly, I want to stop. Hard tires that dont grip well just arent as safe as a sticky tire.
                    No F-Body right now

Comment

breaking traction doesn't do anything for me, and IMHO, BFG g force KDW's are a good wet and dry tire
                      DWS
                      Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

"if you cant hook..........you cant book"..........

remember too, the G Force comes in different tread and compound configurations.... the G force is the casing and belt package construction designation... the KD is the most awesome dry traction out there...
                        the KDW is an awesome all around tire... the KDWS you can easily burn up, thats whats on my gto O.E. im getting KD's for it when these go, since i dont drive it in the rain anywho....

an excellent performance tire is one that give max traction and doesnt allow skid on cornering, it holds its ground....and makes rapid directional changes with input..

no...i dissagree with this post, the G Force is one of the finest performance tire lines on the market today.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                          the G Force is one of the finest performance tire lines on the market today.
                          I'd run em' if I had the money to burn.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Spinning and smoking maybe fun, especially when you're young, but if you want to go fast, whether it's at the track or on the street, you need sticky tires. You know what happens when you feather the throttle because your tires are hard? You lose time and speed. The more throttle you can give it without it breaking lose, the faster you can go.

And about sticky tires being rough on the driveline? They are, but unless you're running slicks, you don't really have anything to worry about. These cars were made to be driven. All you're doing by burning rubber is making the tire companies richer.
                            Dave M
                            Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
                            X