Headlight motor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight motor?

Well, before I go into the shop and get them to look at it ... I thought I'd ask you guys...

1997 M6 TA WS6

When I hit the unlock button from my keyless entry, the headlights flip up quickly, then back down quickly and start making this loud almost grinding noise like the motor is still running... It does this for about 10 seconds, then goes away.

I have no idea whats doing this.

Also, I cant seem to turn the lights on during the day, but when its dark out, they will auto pop. There seems to be nothing wrong with the highbeams, they're working fine.

Mine did the same thing turned out to be the headlight gear not the motor.

This link should help.

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/index.htm

97 Firebird, 3.8 5 spd

Comment

Ahh thanks! This looks like it could be the problem ... Already sent the link to my email @ home. Hopefully this works.

Comment

I have heard that birds are notorious for headlight motor problems..my driver side light does the same thing...they're not auto on but whenI try to turn them on, there is the grind..about 4 months back I removed the headlight motor and then turned the shaft about 180 degrees to get the good side of the gear to mesh with the gear that flips up the housing...that lasted for a few months...just now started to have the problem again..and you CANT replace just the gear I dont think...the whole headlight motor has to be replaced...about 2 hundred bucks I think for the motor ( thats hi-balling it)

Comment

try this brass gears
          http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
          C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
          mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

Originally posted by gottico2
            I have heard that birds are notorious for headlight motor problems..my driver side light does the same thing...they're not auto on but whenI try to turn them on, there is the grind..about 4 months back I removed the headlight motor and then turned the shaft about 180 degrees to get the good side of the gear to mesh with the gear that flips up the housing...that lasted for a few months...just now started to have the problem again..and you CANT replace just the gear I dont think...the whole headlight motor has to be replaced...about 2 hundred bucks I think for the motor ( thats hi-balling it)

If you go to the link i posted above it tells you how to replace just the gear.

97 Firebird, 3.8 5 spd

Comment

Working...
            X