Headers For 92 TPI Firebird

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers For 92 TPI Firebird

Who has the the best header for a TPI 350 in a 92? There doesn't seem to be alot of companies making them. Any suggestions?

What are you looking for from the headers? Do they have to be emissions legal? They are kinda pricey but hooker i believe makes a good set of ceramic coated shorties, equal length, with y-pipe adn emissions legal that would probably provide some decent gains, heres the link. Hooker Super Comp. Headers

Check those out and see what you think. But theres more help to be had if you tell us what you are looking for out of the headers/ car in the future.
    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Hooker & SLP seem to be the favorite over at 3rdgen.org

I have the Edelbrocks, but I wish I had bought the either of the above two.
      No F-Body right now

Comment

I would go with the hedman coated shorty as it has the largest inside diameter of all of the headers available for the 3rd gen minus the SLP($600) and the hooker super comp($1000). The SLP header is .1 inches bigger ID but costs over twice as much. Some people like them some dont. The fit and finish is really good on some and average at best on others. My first ones were coated and coverd with welding spatter. My new headman headers are good and thick at the flange and the welding and clean up are A1.
        I bought the 1 5/8 diameter primary with the 3" collector.
        68470* painted
        68476* coated
        D-port
        68469* painted
        66469* coated

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
        Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
        6.2L/382.97 ci
        Custom PROM Dyno tuned
        WCT-5 speed
        BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
        Boss MS 18" Rims
        Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
        Custom Dual exhaust
        1LE upgrade
        Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
        In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

None of those are emissions legal in the U.S. i don't think (thats what the * notes) but i think that they do make some that are coated and emissions legal, you just have to search for them, DeWynter, do you know the part number on those?
          -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Comment

Opps sorry, no smog here.

68471* painted
            66471* coated
            61478* elite (HD construction, smaller ID)

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
            6.2L/382.97 ci
            Custom PROM Dyno tuned
            WCT-5 speed
            BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
            Boss MS 18" Rims
            Custom Dual exhaust
            1LE upgrade
            In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Nah don't worry about it, i remebered seeing them before i just gotta find them. I think these are them: Hedman hedders

These are painted though and are smog legal. The coated ones are almost as much as the hooker ones and dont come with a y-pipe, but if you dont have to worry about the smog you should defiantely go with something a little less expensive, adn the hedmans are a solid way to go.
              -Dan

Comment

I don't care if they e-legal, but definatly a shorty and ceramic coated. Thanks for the response everyone, I will look @ the hookers

Comment

Just one thing to remember... Long tubes and Third gens = not a fun time and less ground clearance(alot). Its comon for guys with longtubes to wear a hole in the front at the bottom, due to speed bumps. And if you lower it, all you do is scrape bottom.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                  6.2L/382.97 ci
                  Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                  WCT-5 speed
                  BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                  Boss MS 18" Rims
                  Custom Dual exhaust
                  1LE upgrade