Paging FRMLAV8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paging FRMLAV8

Did you have to modify the Moroso cold air kit any? I can't get it to fit under the hood. It wedges between the ABS stuff and the radiator. The hood won't close.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

No I didn't have to do anything to the unit itself. But you do have to re-locate the headlight module. Is that what is getting in your way?
    99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
    93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

No. The module relocate is only for the Firebirds. On mine, the ABS system is in the way. I cut about a 1/2" off the plastic tube on the end that goes to the MAF and melted a dent in the side of the tube and the hood closes now. Close enough.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

My bad, I didn't even pay attention to it being a Z28.

I am glad you got it on though. Have you driven it much since you got it on there? How do you like it?
        99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
        93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

Not much. I did a couple of WOT runs onto the freeway up to about 70 but I can't tell much difference. I think I can hear the air going in more but it's probably because I am listening to it.

As for the liking it, being a mechanical designer, I think they could have done a better job of it. I just have to trust them with their design. With the SLP kit, I could calculate the are of the piping where it goes into to and verify that their would be no loss of air flow. With this, I would need to model it in 3D and do a bunch of section views and measure the area. Not hardly worth it is it. All I know is it has to better than the stock pipe.

The only way to really fix it is go with a ram air hood like the ultra Z. But that is like 500% more cost and that would have never happened with my limited play money account.

Am I happy? I'm happy the hood closes now. LOL

Comment

Working...
          X