ABS INOP, LOW TRACK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS INOP, LOW TRACK

I'm haveing a problem with my 95 z convt 6spd every time you get hard on the throttle the abs inop will come on and go off sometimes while driveing and sometimes not untill you turn off the car i'm also haveing something very strange problem with the low track light. My car was one of the z's that came earlyer in the year and didn't have the ETS option but I think it still has a sensor the thing about it is it takes slideing the car to turn it dosn't activate at all during wheel spin just when the front tires are rotateing at different speeds, I havn't been in the position so see if the computer actually does anything when the light comes on yet I don't know yet if theres any mechanics there to make anything happen but I know at least theres a sensor. I think its a year specific problem because I just read a post that was about someone who was haveing symptoms like this.

The problem you are having sounds like a wheel speed sensor. It is a sensor that is on the back of the wheel hub. 93-03 has them. There is one on each front wheel and one one the rear axle I believe is the locations. As far as I know the hub assembly gets changed out, not just the sensor. I have bought a couple from Bill Graham Camaro/Firebird Salvage in Birmingham,AL and it was reasonably priced and it is not that hard to change out. This sensor sets off the ABS INOP and LOW Trac lights on the dash. Yours may be the rear one gone bad if I HAD to guess. The sensor measures wheel speed vs. RPM and wheel speed for traction control and adjusts the computers brake fluid rations/pressure for anti lock breaking.
    93 Z28: LT1, AT, 3.73, Insulated IATS, pcmforless.com custom computer program, CAI, BBK 52mm TB, 160 thermo...etc..

clik below on homepage for pics of my 93 Z28

Comment

Working...
    X