87 iroc weird electrical

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 87 iroc weird electrical

ok first off i found out it had a bad coil, and i replaced it so i thought i was set. next day me and my shop teacher try to start it up, the fuseable link goes! I think it might have something to do with my blower because a while back there was a small fire started by the blower resistor. All of that was disconnected and the test light shows that the blue wire is grounded when the heater is on high. my teacher thinks thats not correct, and the wire is grounded where it should not be.also the guy who had it before me wired the elctric fans to be on whenever you put the key on ,the car won't even be on and the fans run and i was thinking that might have something to do with it. I know that some of this may be confusing bu does anybody have any insight, or anybody seen anything like this before? oh, i'm not sure which link went but i still have headlights, and dome light when the doors opened, but no power anywhere else.

There is not much I can do to help, You'll need to get a test light and start looking at the links, etc.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
    X