True Dual Exhaust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Dual Exhaust

You guys know where I can find a good True Dual Exhaust system for my 97 Firebird?
    1997 Pontiac Firebird T/A WS6
    Black, stock

Do you want it to exit under the bumper or before the axle?
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
      Do you want it to exit under the bumper or before the axle?
      Under the bumper. I was hoping to be able to find a kit, but it looks like my best option would be to cut and assemble myself, which is alright except for the fact that I don't have any welding experience.

I originally thought Flowmaster would have a kit I could put together, clamp down, and then take to a muffler shop to have them welded together. Flowmaster doesn't advertise having any true dual exhaust kits made for anything later than a late-70's model F-Body.
      Black, stock

Comment

its very hard to run true duals on our car, u can do it, but its just more expensive then doing a good 3" cat back, and unless some1 looks under ur car, they wont kno its not a dual exhuast cuz of the twin tips
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
          its very hard to run true duals on our car, u can do it, but its just more expensive then doing a good 3" cat back, and unless some1 looks under ur car, they wont kno its not a dual exhuast cuz of the twin tips
          I was trying to go for optimum performance.
          Black, stock

Comment

Originally posted by rhummer37
            I was trying to go for optimum performance.
            On a setup around 500hp there is really no need for anything over a single 3" catback.

If you plan on hitting 700 or 800+ HP you can switch to a single 4" catback. Mufflex makes a good one that a couple members here are using.

True duals are pretty much a custom install, but can be done without too much trouble. The problem you run into is clearance between the rear suspension, specifically the panhard bar. You can buy a kit that slightly relocates the panhard mount to make more clearance for the true dual exhaust. I saw a post on here just recently with pictures of the kit installed.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Here is some info on exhaust clearance, 4" mufflex and some other stuff.

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthre...hlight=Mufflex

Comment

Thanks guys, this will give me something to think about for a little while.
                Black, stock

Comment

Working...
                X