Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condensation like a mo-freaka

so i'll start from the beginning...
    when buying the trans am...until the day i installed "sequential tail lights" there was zero condensation...
    after the installation my left rear light is great
    my right...is condensated to hell...
    after sealing and resealing...venting...drying...and resealing again...it is still condensated...
    tonight...i said enough is enough...i ported some drain/vent holes...and then dried the condensation with a blow dryer...then sat the light in front of a fan for an hour...it was DRY...
    i reinstalled it...seconds after reinstallating...THERE IS THE DAMN CONDENSATION AGAIN! help me...MEESTA HELP ME
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/711359

Try some grains of rice. they should soak up any water thats in there. but if there is alot gettin in there then that might not help much.
    Richard Harvey Jr.
    '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by TruckMuddr
      Try some grains of rice. they should soak up any water thats in there. but if there is alot gettin in there then that might not help much.
      Is that from some dark corner of the Helm's manual? What happens when the rice gets soft & gooey? Do you have to put salt on it to soak up the water from the rice? Maybe then take it out & put it by the exhaust manifold to warm it up for a few minutes. Then eat it. You might still have a condensation problem, but it will be easier to deal with on a full stomach.

Honestly, if you were going to use a dessicant, some silica gel would be better than rice, but I would think that water should never be able to get in there in the first place if it was really sealed. My bet is that you never got all the water out of there before sealing it. Maybe the bulb seals are bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
        Honestly, if you were going to use a dessicant, some silica gel would be better than rice, but I would think that water should never be able to get in there in the first place if it was really sealed. My bet is that you never got all the water out of there before sealing it. Maybe the bulb seals are bad.
        I agree. Use those silica gel packets. Also, pull your tail light assemblies and bring them inside overnight. Allow the air conditioning in your house to remove all the humidity from the units. Then install and re-seal. If the humidity appears again, the units have a crack that allows the humidity in.
        Darrin C
        '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
        07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Working...
        X