LS1 wiring help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS1 wiring help!

Hello guys im new to this board , im looking for some help... I got into a proyect i bought a 1951 chevy pickup truck and i bought a crashed 1999 Camaro , I took everything out of trh Camaro and put it on my truck , Engine trans, dif, ecu , ecu harness streering colum ... now i have a little problem getting the turck started , I dont have the original Key , and for what i been looking into diagram , the Body Control Module (imobilizer) controls ignition fuel and cranking signal to the ecu once the correct key is inserted ..

Is there any way to take all the securty stuff out of the game , to get the truck started .. or what shoul i do , i can only crank th engine but i dont get spark or injector pulse nor fuel pump signal ...

thanks

You will probably have more luck on www.ls1tech.com with a LS1 specific question. There are a few LS1s on here but most of the experts here are much more familiar with LT1s. I assume the computers are quite different.
    Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

The problem that you are having is the VATS system. These cars use a pellet resistor in the key as an anti theft measure. It can be bypassed so that a regular key can be used. While this is the LT1 version, I can't imagine the LS1 being much different.

http://shbox.com/1/vats_bypass.jpg

Comment

Thanks.. I tried LS1tech but is seems that thir server is down ... I will try again ....

Comment

Working...
        X