For all 2nd gen owners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all 2nd gen owners

I recently bought a 79 Trans Am. It is in alright shape, but I got it cheap, I plan on doing A whole lot of work to it. Problem is it has the 301 and I was wondering what would be required to make it a 400, or even a 455. Is it just the crank and the heads, or is the bore much different too, I have looked high and low on the internet and haven't found anything. Would I be able to just port my heads and use a 455 crank. Would I need 455 rods too?

Am I just in for a new(well not new but completely different) engine or is this possible?

Thanks for any and all help

dont even bother with the 301 find a 400-455 motor to start with and then contact this guykens speed and machine fla
    http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
    C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
    mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

The only parts that a 301 share with the other pontiac motors is the valve covers. The 301 is one of the worst motors of all time. There are very few perfromance parts available, it's only use is if you want originalilty. For any performance use you are better off with one of the other pontiac engines which all share the same block.

Comment

Working...
      X