Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guy new car!! 1995 Formula Firebird!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy new car!! 1995 Formula Firebird!!!

Well I took the plunge into new vehical owner ship. I got this for $7200. It's sweet, it has 98k, auto, leather, New JVC deck, SLP exhaust, T-Tops. I was going to buy a corvette but the salesman who is 26 said that's what he did when he was 21, he told me the thing to do is buy something a little cheaper and pay the payments for 8 months,and then my credit is esatblished, and my interest rate will drop 10 points and he said he can get me into a ZR1 for about what I'm paying now. What sucks is I had to put $2,000 down Plus had to buy new insurence through progresive which was $400, I'm paying $238 a month on the car plus $238 for full coverage inc. I'm only going to add a filter charger and my stereo system now but in a few months I want to add a BBK Tb and free er flowing exhaust. Now a few questions

Can I put a 98-02 Trans Am/Camaro SS ram air hood on for just a bolt on????

Any way not to pay $20 for a extra key???

Can I buy a extra key pad somewhere???

Best Exhaust system??

I took these pics with my phone right after I bought itlast night, I will update tomarrow with betterpics.

20 dollers for the keys with a chip in it is not bad

here a post a little while back

http://www.f-body.com/index.html/sho...?threadid=1423

97 Firebird, 3.8 5 spd

Comment

Re: New guy new car!! 1995 Formula Firebird!!!

Originally posted by Drsracing
      [Can I put a 98-02 Trans Am/Camaro SS ram air hood on for just a bolt on????
      No. Entire front end is different on the 98+ cars, including height of hood, radiator support, and length of fenders, not to mention shape of the nose/bumper.

Can I buy a extra key pad somewhere???
      Extra keypad for what?

Best Exhaust system??
      What "SLP exhaust" do you have already?

There are a lot more things you'll need before you dump $300+ into a new TB.... it won't do anything for a relatively stock engine.

And, what do you mean by "add a filter charger"? If you just mean a K&N panel, you won't get the max possible gain. You need a full cold air intake (CAI) package like the ones from K&N (FIPK), Moroso, Callaway, GMPP, SLP and many others.

Before you jump into "mod's", spend some time here and on the other 4th Gen/LT1 boards to find out what works and what doesn't.

Welcome.... Formulas rule!!
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

It's p/n 31010 from SLP. It sounds alot better than stock but I want that loud rumble(I'm used to big block mopars)

I'll be adding the full filter intake thing p/n 57-3010-1

I want an extra keypad for the locks, but I was thinking of putting in an alarm which always comes with 2 pads.

So I have to find a hood like yours right??? Do you know the going price for a used one??? Anyone make cool after market ones???

What about buying a hyper tech programmer??

Maybe a 75 hp shot??

I'm looking at only putting like $1,000 in to it so, and other than the K&N I have to wait a couple months so I can save up a little money.

Comment

Originally posted by Drsracing

So I have to find a hood like yours right??? Do you know the going price for a used one??? Anyone make cool after market ones???

Finding a used one might be difficult, but there are many aftermarket hoods, and they do make one like the LS1 style to fit the earlier birds. Some of the other guys would know the name of the company. Suncoast comes to mind, but not sure - do a search on the net.

What about buying a hyper tech programmer??

Maybe a 75 hp shot??

Either or would be great. Probably not the best to modify the engine performance with the HPP AND do a 75 shot, because the programmer advances timing quite a bit, and thats a no no with the juice. 75 shot, you might get away with though.

I agree with Injuneer, the T.B. should wait for some head and cam work - it would be a waste now. Nitrous is the best bang for the buck - Look into TNT systems. Very easy, reliable, high quality - cant beat it.
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
          11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

What Part of Seattle?

What part of Seattle are you from? There really aren't that many shops that work on these cars in the NW... We do have group of F-Body owners in the area but most of them are LS1's

E-mail me if you have further questions.... I'll try to get you in touch w/ some f-body people!

Comment

I'm in west seattle. Anyone going to the B.O.P. drags on the 28th??? I can't wait to try it out on the track

Comment

Look, it's mini Fred!! Injuneer's car when it was still a virgin Ha!

Good to see another LT1 guy here. Do you mind me asking how old you are? That insurance premium is insane...

-G

Best ET: 13.41 @ 103.80 MPH (@600 FT) with these Mods: SLP 2L/2R Exhaust, K&N FIPK, LT4 KM, 4.10 GM Superior gears, BMR LCAs & relocation brackets, Energy Suspension Poly Tranny Mount, 160 degree thermostat, HPP3 ( mostly for speedo & fan recalibration), MSD 6AL Ignition & MSD Blaster Coil and all the free mods.
                _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
                Trans Am- The Muscle Car Lives

Comment

I just turned 21. My inc. is $238 a month and that is also what the car payment is to. I had to put a month and a half down as the 1st month payment.

Comment

I've said this before and really mean it give allstate a look. My insurance is just under $500 every six months full coverage. I'm 17 years old with v8 thats not to bad.
                    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Working...
                    X