G-Tech

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-Tech

I was wondering if anybody has had experience using the g-tech on the track. More specifically how accurate they are for recording 1/4 times. Thanks.
    1980 Camaro w/ ZZ4, most of the info is correct... www.pitt.edu/~hhh1

For cars that run 11.0 and slower, they are darned accurate as far as ET. Mine was consistantly within a tenth of the timers when I ran it at the track. The speed of the g-tech is off, usually reading 3-4 mph higher than actual. So for ET it works great, for speed it's off. That being said, the g-tech is still a POS. I had a few of them fry for no apparent reason and quite a few people I know had the same problems. There are other manufacturer's units that work similar and are much better quality. I now have one by Bell and it is clearly superior in the construction and longevity.

Comment

When I ran with mine at the track, it was very accurate for ET but could be off by as much as 10 mph in trap speed. (It reads high) I never had any problems with them breaking, but that being said I would still reccomend one from another manufacturer over G-tech.
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

One of the auto mags compared about 6 different "G" type units a few months ago - maye 3 months ago. The results they got for the g-Tech PRO (the newer, more expensive model) were fairly good. Apparently you can twiddle with the "roll-out" constant and get them closer to track results. But they are still very dependant on finding a truely level road (or running both ways and averaging the results), and properly orienting the unit on all 3-axes.

Seems like no matter what you do, real world results are OK for ET, but read high to very high on MPH.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X