Converting 89 Firebird for auto to manual

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting 89 Firebird for auto to manual

Is it possible to convert an 89 Firebird Formula 5.0L 305 from an automatic to a manual and if so where can i go to get some prices?

Thanks

yes. www.thirdgen.org has millions of threads about it. if u can spend the extra dough and go with a t-56 setup
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I just did it to my 91 a couple months ago. It ended up costing me around $650. That was with a new clutch, throwout bearing, etc. But 88bird5speed is right... I wish I spent the extra cash and got the T56 6-speed. I probably will eventually. The T56 will run you about 1300 for the whole swap.
      No F-Body right now

Comment

One thing to add is since they never put a T56 in a 3rd gen, there isn't a crossmember that exist for it. You'll have to fab it.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Actually... There are lots of people with T56's in 3rd gens. I know of atleast one aftermarket company that makes the correct crossmember.

http://spohn.net/product.cfm?productid=1316
          No F-Body right now

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
            Actually... There are lots of people with T56's in 3rd gens. I know of atleast one aftermarket company that makes the correct crossmember.

http://spohn.net/product.cfm?productid=1316
            Cool. I have not seen that before. That should make the job a lot easier.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Heck you can get a complete LS1 swap kit to put the LS1 and LS1 t56 into a 3rd gen now.
              ls1 conversion

You can get throttle cables, and wire harnesses too.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
              Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
              6.2L/382.97 ci
              Custom PROM Dyno tuned
              WCT-5 speed
              BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
              Boss MS 18" Rims
              Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
              Custom Dual exhaust
              1LE upgrade
              Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
              In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Oh... I know... If I could only afford one!!
                No F-Body right now

Comment

Thanks guys that really helps.

Comment

Working...
                  X