Deleteing codes ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleteing codes ?

Cant you just delete codes from disconecting the battery? And when you do that, dont you need some kinda anti theft codes for the cd player and such?
    96 Camaro Z28, T-tops, 6 Speed, Slp CIA, Flowmaster cat-back, 3:42 gears

Easiest is just to pull the PCM BAT fuse for about 30 seconds. Then there is no need to worry about radio codes.

Only if there is a theft code programmed in the radio, do you need to worry about it anyway.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Is that fuse located in that black fuse box under the hood, or the one in the cab.

Comment

nobody knows where it is?

Comment

owners manual could tell u that
          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by 96Camaro
            Is that fuse located in that black fuse box under the hood, or the one in the cab.
            If memory serves me right its in the cab. Just pull off the cover and look for PCM bat I'm pretty sure its there.
            1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Cab. The fuse panel covers have labels telling you what is in there.
              Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Alright, thanks I think I can figure it out from there hopefully.

Comment

Ok. well that didnt really work out. What else should i do.

Comment

Ok. well that didnt really work out. What else should i do.
                    What did not "work out" about it? There is not enough information given as to what the issue is to suggest any further course of action.

Comment

If you followed Rob's instructions (and pulled the fuse with the key in the "off" position), and the code is still there, then it is an "active" code. You can only clear "stored" codes. If the problem is still there, its going to reset as soon as the engine reaches the point where that particular diagnostic routine is run.

What's the code?
                      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

The code was for an 02 sensor which I replaced. What other info do you guys need?

Comment

Not all O2 sensor codes are caused by faulty O2 sensors. What was the specific code?
                          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

This one was definatly a faulty o2 sensor. The sensor was like...dented in somhow. I have no idea how in the world that happend.

Comment

There are a few codes in OBD-II that can not be "cleared" the normal way. They just stay there until the vehicle completes the required number of drive cycles. Is the code that will not clear the same O2 code you had before the replacement? Pre-cat or after cat? Bank 1 or Bank 2? Code for voltage level, heater circuit or slow switching? What is the exact code number? Its almost impossible to figure why it won't clear when we don't know exactly what code it is.
                              Fred

Comment

Working...
                              X