HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP

some guys came this weekend and painted my dads barn brown and i was gone and my car was sitting in the driveway so when the idiots painted, they didnt think about the overspray getting on it. so i just washed my car and you can see over spray spots when you get up close. when i saw this i went and got the claybar from my room and used it on a spot and when i got it all cleaned off and dry, it looked roughed up and faint white spots were showing through almost like it was being sanded! and the clay bar was brand new. i dont know what to do... please help
    1998 black firebird

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." -Babe Ruth

wolfman will see this. He will help you.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by demonlefty11
      some guys came this weekend and painted my dads barn brown and i was gone and my car was sitting in the driveway so when the idiots painted, they didnt think about the overspray getting on it. so i just washed my car and you can see over spray spots when you get up close. when i saw this i went and got the claybar from my room and used it on a spot and when i got it all cleaned off and dry, it looked roughed up and faint white spots were showing through almost like it was being sanded! and the clay bar was brand new. i dont know what to do... please help
      You need to lubricate the surface of the car very well in order for the clay to work properly. You can use Z6 or the Z7 car wash. Just put a cap full of Z7 in a spray bottle and make sure you keep the surface of the car wet where you are rubbing the claybar.

If it were me, the guys who painted the barn would be doing this.

Comment

yeah i have a spray bottle and it still did it... and yeah they are coming back this weekend and i think we are gonna have problems
        1998 black firebird

Comment

yeah i have a spray bottle and it still did it... and yeah they are coming back this weekend and i think we are gonna have problems

Yea def. I wouldnt let them get away with this. They should have been more responsible and asked for the site to be prepared for the paint and moved the car and anything else that should be moved because of overspray. I remember using a Mr. Clean magic eraser bar on some heavy crud i picked up on a highway trip, it worked well and after some polish it cleaned up nice.
          1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Properly done, the clay bar will work. That being said, I would have the painter's insurance take care of it. As an example, years ago the mall that I was working at decided to take a bunch of items into their back sevice area and paint them. The wind was blowing and caused a good amount of overspray to settle on my black Crew Cab Dually. The truck was flawless and was now covered in white overspray. I complained and their insurance covered something like $400 for a cleanup job and buff. Well, I took the check and promptly spent the weekend using the clay bar. It went slow but eventually it all came off. It was almost worth the $400 to have someone else do it..... that truck had so much surface area that it took me what seemed like forever.

Comment

ok if im gonna do it with clay, how do i do it properly?
              1998 black firebird

Comment

ok if im gonna do it with clay, how do i do it properly?
                wash the car down thoroughly with blue liquid dawn dish soap to strip off any old wax and surface contaminants.

then use a spray bottle with about 1 0z of a car wash of some type and the rest distilled water (16oz of water). use that as the lubricant. spray a small area and lightly drag the clay bar in a back and forth motion don"t rub hard

the best combo is zaino bros. clay bar and their car wash. and if you do order that, go ahead and get their polish while you are it, cause..if this happens again the paint wont hardly stick at all and a cotton towel with a spray detailer will wipe it off.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

ok if i already have about 10 coats of zaino on it, should i use blue dawn? or just claybar?
                  1998 black firebird

Comment

Working...
                  X