315's on stock ss rims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 315's on stock ss rims

what do yall think about 315's on the stock ss rim. ive seen them on a stock ws6 rim. what are the dangers? reason im asking is ive got the chance to get the 315's at the price of the 275's.
    Adam 2kSS #4959 6-speed
    PERFORMANCE: whisper lid, mac headers w/ offroad y pipe, SLP Loudmouth, LS1 hotcam, ls6 springs, Predator, ngk tr6's, spec stage 3 x-pad, steel billet flywheel, 5177, purge, bottle heater, moser 12 bolt, 4.30 gears, tb coolant bypass, FRA, !cags, !egr, !A.I.R.
    SUSPENSION : eibach pro kit, bmr boxed lca & relocation brackets
    APPERENCE : clear corners, camaro fill in on front bumper and back, black and silver SS badges

http://www.geocities.com/xxlo00oixx

A 315/35-17 requires a minimum rim width of 10.5", per the recommendations of virtually ALL tire manufaturers. Putting them on a 9" rim will suck the sides in, bow the center of the tread out, giving you an erratic (and probably smaller than stock) contact patch. It will cause excessive sidewall flex, causing overheating and possibly premature failure. It will also look kind of bad, but that's sort of subjective. I've seen them on 9.5" rims, and they didn't look good.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I agree with Injuneer here. I have 315's on 17X11 and it takes up all of the wheel. I don't see how you could fit it on 9 or 9.5's.
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

yeah thats what i heard, it was a good deal and i just wanted some opinions. i dont think im gunna get them though. to bad nitto dr's dont come in 285's
        Adam 2kSS #4959 6-speed
        PERFORMANCE: whisper lid, mac headers w/ offroad y pipe, SLP Loudmouth, LS1 hotcam, ls6 springs, Predator, ngk tr6's, spec stage 3 x-pad, steel billet flywheel, 5177, purge, bottle heater, moser 12 bolt, 4.30 gears, tb coolant bypass, FRA, !cags, !egr, !A.I.R.
        APPERENCE : clear corners, camaro fill in on front bumper and back, black and silver SS badges

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
          I agree with Injuneer here. I have 315's on 17X11 and it takes up all of the wheel. I don't see how you could fit it on 9 or 9.5's.
          oh ive seen it done. looks rather bad, and kinda scary though
          Adam 2kSS #4959 6-speed

Comment

Not to mention the scary handling.

Comment

315 on an 11" rim, next to a 275 on a 9.5" rim.... do the math

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
              X