Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter storage again

It seems like summer went by so fast.

I just thought I'd share my storage ideas with the forum, incase anyone is interseted.

For the last couple years i've had good success using a visqueen vapor barrier under the car to prevent any moisture buildup or corrosion over the winter.

Depending on where you keep your car, the ground under it can give off moisture over the season. On some newer construction they are placing vapor barriers under the concrete, but the ground in the airplane hangar where my car lived is just covered in some old asphalt.

In 2003 when I stored my old 88 Iroc there I had a problem with pock marks in the aluminum components underhood.

In 2004, 2005 and now going into 2006 I've avoided that by puting down a layer of visqueen, then parking the car ontop of it. I then cover the car, pick up the corners of the visqueen and duct tape it around the top of the car like a wrapper. I leave some of the fabric car cover exposed on top to allow it to breath a bit.

But there you have it, a moisture free storage spot. The car comes out perfect every spring. The aluminum looks as good as new.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Ahhhh winter storage,Yes ijust put my z28 away for the season to.I take great pride in putting it away, wash wax vac, then i park it over cardboard, disconect the pos on the bat windows down quarter way followed with the car cover. The place supper clean/dry well vented, the price 125,per 6 months x 2 cars=250 per season . It is worth every dollar, frees up my garage for the winter. The temp today was +15 ,thats all i needed, to get me in gear and put her away. pic will come soon, you will see my other car z34 lumina 45000 kms,as well as others in storage. jack.......
    JackZ28
    K & N CAI
    Kooks Header LT's
    Free Flow Cat, Magnaflow Exhaust
    Y-Pipe
    Synthetic Fluids

Comment

Working...
    X