Holy Schnikies !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Schnikies !!

Who invented the way the power window motors go into the F-bodies? Our 2000 Camaro's outer (outter?) door skin came off...no problem (actually the interior leather/vinyl panel). Then was when we realized our fate. For behind the outer skin was an inner metal panel, and behind that, attached with rivets, was the motor and actuator assembly. You can not even see the motor, nor the assembly. Only way to access them, sight unseen, is to reach through two little holes in the inner metal panel, and bend your arm at a 45 degree angle.

Has anyone ever changed a motor on their Gen. 4 F-body? How do you do it? Do you have to tape the window up, so it doesn't fall when you remove the motor? Do you drill out the rivets to remove, then replace with nuts/bolts? Is it easy to get the gear on the new motor lined up with the actuator? Any other tips???

Regards,
    Kevin

Here are complete instructions. It took me about 30 minutes to replace mine.
    http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Thx Jeff, this is what I was looking for. What I needed was the method used for holding the window up, and where to drill to expose the motor's rivets.

Kevin

Comment

I pulled the whole regulator out window and all. lubricated it all and put the motor in outside of the car.

His way of doing it seems to be by far the easiest but we still ended up with working power windows.

Comment

Working...
        X