Strange CLunK!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange CLunK!!

Ok If i am Accelerating Hard over a Few bumps or free wheels spinning a Corner i hear a random Knock From What sounds like under my console... It sounds like The tranny mount is bad or going bad... Now if im straight and go WOT i dont really hear it when it shifts from 1-2 or 2-3 etc... i think ive herd it hit twice.. but over i bumpy terrain or drifting a corner i hear it? any suggestions... Easy to replace... ive done them on my 1500 chevy and my 94 t/a but never on this 99..?@!

Very common to have the trans mount break on a f-body. Also very easy to replace. If you want a more durable mount, order the 1LE mount.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

You might also check the trans tunnel brace. It is a semi-flat brace, held by 4 bolts that crosses below the driveshaft and torque arm. You also might check the transmission crossmember.

Comment

thanks yea im fixing to change the oil so while im under there im going to check all that..

Comment

ok i looked and the tranny mount is cracked... i called around and noone has it.. only the dealership and they want 84 bux for one.. is ther one somewhere cheaper..or better than stock....

Comment

Originally posted by 94T/A GT
            ok i looked and the tranny mount is cracked... i called around and noone has it.. only the dealership and they want 84 bux for one.. is ther one somewhere cheaper..or better than stock....
            Your best bet is to go to Shoebox's website and contact one of the discount sellers he lists. Jason or Dal I Believe...
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

could it be possible since ive had this clunk for maybe about a month now.. that the motor mounts could also be cracked? being that the added tourqe of not haveing a tranny mount it twisting the motor?

Comment

Originally posted by 94T/A GT
                Check out the energy suspension mount for your transmission at
                www.jegs.com I have had this mount on my 1995 Formula ( LT1 Automatic ) for well over a year, and it can take the punishment, trust me. Never purchase a tranny mount from the dealership because it can not take the pressure of a hard shift or sudden acceleration. Price range from Jeg's is $23.00 to $44.00. Depends on how fancy you want the mount to look. Jegs will have your part to you in a very short period of time. Those guy's are great. $84.00 for a stock mount is crazy. Might be more convenient, but I promise you will be seeking another mount soon if you purchase a GM factory mount. I know, I went through the factory mounts as if they were home made buttermilk biscuits.

Comment

Working...
                X