Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have aftermarket front upper control arms?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have aftermarket front upper control arms?

I'm needing to do a front end rebuild on the 97 WS6. The car has had 140K miles of highway use, the ball joints have seen better days, the shocks can't be far behind.... although I think the worn shocks may help my weight transfer. I'm looking at the BMR units with the poly bushings. Anyone have a similar setup? I'm specifically wanting to know how much additional noise the poly bushings transmit and if the increased rigidity is really worth it?

Gracias!

I have the PA Racing uppers a-arms. They are the moly version with rod-ends. The rod ends are heavier, so if you were to go with the poly bushing version, they would be lighter. When i pulled my front uppers, they weighed 8.5 lbs. The PA Racing moly uppers with bushings weigh right at 5.5 lbs. So you would save 3 lbs per side. Normally the moly version comes with the rod ends so I am not sure if you can order the moly's with poly or Delrin bushings. I suspect you can though.

Spohn makes a nice set too. They actually use a thicker overall diameter and wall thickness than BMR or PA Racing does (1.25" x .095" as opposed to 1.00" x .083"), but they are heavier and probably overkill for true street use. Spohn has their moly uppers with poly listed at 7.5 lbs. So you would only be saving ~1 lb per side with those.

Comment

Working...
    X