pre 86 350 question?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre 86 350 question?????

Hey I was wondering if the quad valve QOHC LT5 heads will fit on my pre 86 350 (carb). I think that that set up would be sick.
    Thanks for the information.

No the LT5 is a totally different engine than the first gen. small blocks. There was a 'Dominion' head or something link that had 4-valves per cylinder but I think it was quite rare. I think 'Unstable Bob' with the '79 TA had a set a while back but I don't think he ever used them.
    '95 Formula A4, 17"x9" wheels, F1 275/40-ZR17, TB bypass, 160 deg. TS, LS1 drive shaft, WS6 muffler, LCA, tie rod Soon to be LT4 heads intake and HOT cam.

Comment

thanks, i guess that i'll just have o get a whole new crate engine then...

Comment

why do you want qohc?

Comment

just because i dont know of alot of people with em. And I thought that it'd be cool to have....
          be a little different, why is there a reason that I should stay away form them?

Comment

just more money, and more headache if you don't know what you're doing with them. the benefit to dohc is being able to adjust lobe centers and lobe seperation. in an "old pushrod dinosaur" motor that is all taken care of by a cam company who has been producing cams for that motor for 20 years or more.

newer isn't always better.

also in a dinosaur motor you're buying one cam instead of 4.

Comment

Working...
            X