TA production numbers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TA production numbers

Any good links to any sites that list good production numbers...i've seen people who have like
    blank many TA's this year
    Blank many coupes
    blank many 6 speed
    blank many in black...blah blah
    any help?
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/711359

There's a soft cover book available called the "Firebird Red Book"..... covers up through 1998, I think. What years are you looking for?

You will find total number of units sold, which ones were V6's, Formulas, TA's, coupes, and convertible. Then they wil give you a production quantity for each option, each color, each interior, etc. But I'm not aware of any source that pins it down to a specific combo like a red TA coupe, M6, t-tops, gray interior, traction control, etc.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

well i have a 94 TA v8 with a six speed black no t-tops leather interior...and does this make sense...a 115 speedo?
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/711359

Comment

Makes sense..... in 94 the "TA" was more of a "base" model.... you had to buy the TA GT to get the leather interior, high level spoiler, and Z-rated tires, which got you the 155mph speedo, etc. Only year they did it that way.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

How would u know if it was a GT or not besides the Speedo? In the 93 I had all the paperwork just said Firebird TA, no GT but my speedo went to 155

Originally posted by Injuneer
          Makes sense..... in 94 the "TA" was more of a "base" model.... you had to buy the TA GT to get the leather interior, high level spoiler, and Z-rated tires, which got you the 155mph speedo, etc. Only year they did it that way.

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

Comment

The only year they had th "GT" was in 1994. The GT package was essentially a "loaded" TA - from the 4th Gen FAQ:
            Trans Am GT - available only in 1994, same as the regular Trans Am, but with all the options including "up-level" rear spoiler and GS-C tires coming standard on the car. All 1993 Trans Ams had the GT treatment as standard, but they were not referred to as GTs. In 1995 and after, the treatment got broken down into a number of options like on the Formula.
            I'll have to look in my Firebird Red Book or Illustrated Buyer's Guide to Firebird to see if there was an RPO number associated with the "GT". In general, in a 94, the Z-rated tires are a dead giveaway for the "GT", since it was not possible to get the Z-rated tires on a "base" TA. The Z-rated tires are RPO "QLC".
            Fred

Comment

Working...
            X