Question about SLP 2OTL exhaust on 96 SS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about SLP 2OTL exhaust on 96 SS

My 96 SS has the SLP 2OTL exhaust. Is this a true 3" intermediate pipe going into the muffler or did they use the stock 2-3/4" pipe and just bolt the muffler and 2OTL tailpipes onto that for their "performance exhaust" option? The intermediate pipe is 1 piece which makes me think it's still the stock Z28 pipe at 2-3/4". Most 3" I pipes I've seen are 2 piece for ease of installation.
    69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
    70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
    2000 SS Camaro daily beater

it's a true 3" system, Stainless steel all the way. I love this exhaust!! A friend of mine has it on his 96 SS and it sounds great!
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Yeah, I just measured the I-pipe after work. It may be stainless, but it still has rusted over the years. I have no intention of replacing it though, it was their performance exhaust and it sounds good(some people at work still think it's a little too quiet). I plan on leaving the car pretty much stock except for maybe getting the SS wheels painted or powder coated white like the 30th cars.
      69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored

Comment

Even the stainless will "brown" over time. It shouldn't be red rusted though (flaking). If it is someone might have replaced the int pipe for some reason or another.

Originally posted by JL8Jeff
        Yeah, I just measured the I-pipe after work. It may be stainless, but it still has rusted over the years. I have no intention of replacing it though, it was their performance exhaust and it sounds good(some people at work still think it's a little too quiet). I plan on leaving the car pretty much stock except for maybe getting the SS wheels painted or powder coated white like the 30th cars.

Comment

Man, I love the sound of this exhaust. I went out for a spirited drive today and this exhaust is great! It's aggressive sounding when you want it to be but is smooth and mellow while cruising.

Comment

Working...
          X