Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Conditioner on 2002 Z28 Stuck on heat.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Conditioner on 2002 Z28 Stuck on heat.....

I just bought a 2002 Z28 w/ 42K miles. The ac has been running perfect. However recently we have been have rapid changes in weaither, so I used the heat one day and ac the other. Well today I go to put the ac on, but it is stuck on heat. I pop the hood and the condenser is freezing, so I can tell everything is running right. What could possilby be wrong, and is this a common problem?

There is a cable that runs from the dash controls to the air mix door, located in the passenger side footwell. That is what controls the mix of hot and cold air. You'll need to reemove the lower underdash panel for access. That is the likely culprit.

Comment

Check both sides of that cable. It could also be in the dash controls where the cable hooks up to the controls.

I think this is actually more common of a failure point. I had the same problem on my 93. I can't remember if it was it or one of my other GM cars, but I ended up just melting a new mounting hole in and hooking it back up. Worked fine.

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      There is a cable that runs from the dash controls to the air mix door, located in the passenger side footwell. That is what controls the mix of hot and cold air. You'll need to reemove the lower underdash panel for access. That is the likely culprit.

Comment

OMG you guys rock. I popped open the ac control panel and sure enough the wire was off the knob. I poped it back on and 10 minutes later it works perfect. You guys literally saved me hundreds of dollars if i dropped it of at a air conditiong place. Thanks again guys.

Comment

Working...
        X