Engine miss.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine miss.

Well, basicly whenever my car has been running for a while (probly 30 min or better) it starts like...miss, i think. like in a higher gear if i just floor it it'll like start kinda shakeing and whatnot, but doesnt do this at all whenever first driving it. I know the clutch is definatly on its way out, maybe along with the slave/master cylinder too. Could that be the problem orsomthing with the engine though? Not sure if I gave you guys enough info, but just ask me about the car and i'lltell ya. I just need help figureing this out.
    96 Camaro Z28, T-tops, 6 Speed, Slp CIA, Flowmaster cat-back, 3:42 gears

how many miles on the opti? also whats it feel like? and does it do it thru the entire rpm range?
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Sounds like you have something heat soaking. Mine was doing exactly that and I popped the hood in the dark to find a little fireworks show coming from my coil wire (thanks for the tip Joe ). Start out by looking for any arcing coming from plug wires or the coil\coil wire by looking under the hood while its dark. Also it may just be time for a tune up. How long has it been since its had one? You may want to do coil, coil wire, plugs and plug wires and possibly opti if that doesn't solve it.
      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

my car did the exact same thing, since i have a V6 my car uses coil packs intead of the opti. even after i changed the spark plugs and the spark plug wires my car still had the same symptoms as yours, a misfire when the engine got to full temp, and when under a load. So id lay money on plugs/wires or that opti.
        1994 formula A4 w/ 84,XXX MI, bone stock except MSD wires and NGK TR5 plugs

Comment

Dang...i really dont have money to do all this stuff. i have to replace my clutch somtime soon and allof that. So no idea what i'mgonna do then. What else could it be, i already spaced out my ignition module

Comment

How many miles on the car? When was the last tune up? There could be many things that will cause this.

Comment

owner before me said he changed the plugs once....probly about 8,000 miles ago or so i'm guessing. and the car has 102k on it right now. So could very well be opti , but does the opti do that only after its heated up or what?

Comment

Working...
              X