Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brakes 93 z

BIG problem with my brakes. a couple of days ago when checking all the
    fluids,i noticed the brake fluid was low on the back part of the reservoir.
    also noticed the fluid was not clear.added fluid from an open can to top off
    about one or two days later the pedal started to go down. only had about 25
    miles driving time since topping it off..then the pedal went to the floor and
    would not pump up. lucky i just pulled into my driveway.
    the rear rotors were scored so i thought they were the problem. when pulling
    the wheels they didn't seem that bad and there is about 1/4 inch left on the
    pads. then i bought new dot 3 and decided the change the fluid and bleed
    the brakes..i bleed the abs lower and got a lot of brown fluid and air bubbles.
    then the upper with same results. the pedal seemed full. proceeded to the
    rear passanger caliper.i got very little fluid from the bleeder valve. also noticed the rotor would still moved with the brake pedal push down.and the
    pedal didnot go to the floor when openong the bleeder valve. i haven't
    tried bleeding the front brakes as my helper had something to do.could the master cylinder be bad ? could only the rear part of the master cylinder be bad ?
    please help as this is my daily driver.any ideas or suggestions will be
    appreciated.
    how can i check it ? is there some sort of valve that splits the front from the rear ?
    1993 Z-28 A4, Flowmaster 3" single out the side,Suncoast Ram air hood,K&N filter.

Did the "BRAKE" light on the dash come on? Did the "ABS INOP" light come on?

Appears you have a major leak in one of the front lines or calipers. If that happens, the differential pressure switch on the side of the ABS unit should turn on the "BRAKE" light. That may affect the ABS operation. If you have a code of any kind on the ABS unit, from what I've read in my Chilton's 4th Gen manual, you can not bleed the brakes correctly until you have all three motors in the ABS unit "homed" with a scanner lke a Tech 2.

I've seen a similar problem posted several times on CamaroZ28.com recently. You might want to try a "search" there on the "Suspension, Chassis and Brakes" forum.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

thanks for the reply.the abs light did come on and stayed on until i restartedthe car. the BRAKE light remains lite. i'll try camero z28..
      1993 Z-28 A4, Flowmaster 3" single out the side,Suncoast Ram air hood,K&N filter.

Comment

Working...
      X