Looking for an SS center mount exhaust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an SS center mount exhaust

I'm looking for one of these. It's the original SS center mount exhaust with the twin tips and smooth rear valence:

Not this quad tip version which I don't like at all. I also don't care for how the rear valence is angled outward nor do i like the quad tips:

http://www.dreamer1q.michiganspeed.c...3/DSC01939.JPG

If anyone has any leads, I would appreciate it. I also posted this in the for sale section just in case.
    Thanks!

Not sure if SLP will sell it to you, but...

http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...K&BIG=10757K-1

That's what you're looking for, right?
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
      Not sure if SLP will sell it to you, but...

http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...K&BIG=10757K-1

That's what you're looking for, right?

Sure is, but I can't swallow spending that kind of dough on a new one. I'm hoping to find a used one somewhere.

Comment

Why not get something fabricated?

The center outlet exhaust from SLP uses a crossflow muffler with 2 exits.

You could instead run a single exit exhaust that exits in the center and utilize a more eficient muffler design, with the same end appearance. All you need is the valence and some nice looking tips.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Yeah, i thought about getting something fabricated. The trick is going to be getting the valence. All the ones that seem to pop up for sale are the quad tip version which is definatly not to my taste. As long as I can get the appropriate part for under the bumper, the rest is actually fairly easy. I could even use the factory mailbox tips in a pinch. As far as flow, this will likely find it's way on my 94 V6 so it's not like I'm really worried about effeciency too much.

Comment

You can try http://www.fbodymotorsports.com/ I know they had one in stock but do not know what they were asking.You can call them at 704-494-0005.Hope this helps Blazer

Comment

Here ya go Joe. LM Performance has the rear valace for $152. It comes with hardware and is primed. The expensive part about this is the tips. You can buy the valace and tips together for $399 . Hope this helps.

1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Has anybody ever fabricated a whole rear bumper for a T/A so it can have center mount exhaust? I really think that would look hot.
                1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanZ28
                  Here ya go Joe. LM Performance has the rear valace for $152. It comes with hardware and is primed. The expensive part about this is the tips. You can buy the valace and tips together for $399 . Hope this helps.
                  Does it help???? You bet! I think I'm going to pick up the valence and fab the rest. I can come up with the pipes and some sort of tips and it will have the same basic effect. Thanks!

Comment

Actually, SLP sells the bends for pretty cheap if you wanna make it easier on yourself.

Left Side
                    Right Side

Look forward to seeing the results
                    Steve

Comment

I think I'm going to require a custom fab job. Besides, at $40 per side, I can do it for less money and the result will be the same. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Anytime. Just in case you want Stainless pieces, you know where they're at now. And knowing is half the battle...GGGGG IIIII JOOOOOOOE!!! lol
                        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                          Does it help???? You bet! I think I'm going to pick up the valence and fab the rest. I can come up with the pipes and some sort of tips and it will have the same basic effect. Thanks!
                          Anytime Joe! Im really looking forward to the results as I will be doing the same mod to my car soon. Are you also going to do the painting yourself?

EDIT: Joe, I just found the rear valace from Summit for $145.95. Shipping is much less also. Might want to get it from there and save a few extra pennies. Part # for valace is: SLE-10758K The tips are $235 and are part # SLE-10761.
                          1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanZ28
                            Anytime Joe! Im really looking forward to the results as I will be doing the same mod to my car soon. Are you also going to do the painting yourself?

EDIT: Joe, I just found the rear valace from Summit for $145.95. Shipping is much less also. Might want to get it from there and save a few extra pennies. Part # for valace is: SLE-10758K The tips are $235 and are part # SLE-10761.
                            Even better yet, thanks a bunch! Shipping from LM Performance was crazy..... something like $70 just for the valence. That's nuts for a glorified piece of plastic that couldn't weigh more than 3 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                              Even better yet, thanks a bunch! Shipping from LM Performance was crazy..... something like $70 just for the valence. That's nuts for a glorified piece of plastic that couldn't weigh more than 3 lbs.
                              LM is up in Ft Walton. That would be a nice day trip for you.
                              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
                              X