Remote start on A4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote start on A4

Can you install a remote start on an a4 euqipped Trans Am. I would figure so, but did not know because of the "unique" ignition system we have.

'95 TA A4, 118000 on the clock!
    Borla, Strange 3.73's, SLP CAI, Vortech elbow,AFS Z06 Wheels,White gauges/blue backlighting,blue custom interior,MBA Shift knob,MadZ28 Tune, Intrax springs, Bilstein shocks, ES Trans Mount, Honeycomb taillights.

13.685@102.11

yes u can, heck if u wanted to u could do it on a m5/m6 car. i dont kno how to do it yet but we had one installed on my moms explorer sport.
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

How could you do it on a Manual without the clutch disengaged???
      Joe K.
      '11 BMW 328i
      '10 Matrix S AWD
      Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I have a remote start on my car. my dad installed it and I believe it takes some resistors wired in place to allow it to work. its not easy to install.

we also had a 1988 beretta M5 that my dad installed a remote start on. just had to leave the car outta gear in nuetral.

just cant do it on carb'd cars
        94 Firebird Formula LE3 383 - Built 4L60E w/ 3500rpm stall - Macs into SLP LM - 3.73s in stock rear - having fun with problems

Comment

You can put a remote start on almost any automatic transmission car. You are not supposed to put one on a manual tranny car, and it is the rarest of shops that will do it due to the liability. I have one on my car, but one would figure that somebody with 15 years of car audio installation experience should have one on a manual tranny car. My clutch switch is bypassed, and I leave the car in neutral. I also have one on my motorcycle. And, BTW, you can put one on a carbed car, but it either has to have electric choke or you have to use the third channel of the alarm to activate a solenoid to pump the accelerator. PITA, but I've done it before.

The problem with any "e" suffix transmission is getting the correct wires energized in the ignition harness so that no harm is done. A GM vehicle with an "e" transmission that does not have the correct wires energized on remote start WILL burn up the transmission. That's why they always tell you to have a pro do it. Not just because they have the training and the support staff with the correct knowledge to do the job correctly (usually, that is), but also because they carry insurance to buy you new parts if they tear up your car or it's drivetrain.

My recommendation is that you leave a remote start system up to the pro's. It doesn't have anything to do with my former employment as an installer, but because I've seen a shop have to buy a $3,000 transmission for a $400 remote start install that somebody forgot to hook up one wire on.
          "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

yeah my dad works for mack trucks and is awesome with wiring and every aspect of it and even he has a hard time with em. must not be too hard cause hes installed at least 10 on our vehicles and friends vehicles. theyre just so damn cool!

i would definitely leave it to someone who has done it before as well.
            94 Firebird Formula LE3 383 - Built 4L60E w/ 3500rpm stall - Macs into SLP LM - 3.73s in stock rear - having fun with problems

Comment

I've done a lots of Remote starter system, the ones that easy to with, does what you want and reasonable price is the Bulldog RS1100, I paid $45.00
              These are your wires color codes, see if this help.
              GM's VATS ANTI-THEFT System, you need a 791 Bypass Module

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/

FIREBIRD 1993 -1995

PART COLOR LOCATION DIAGRAM
              12 VOLT CONSTANT RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
              STARTER YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
              STARTER 2 N/A
              IGNITION 1 PINK (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
              IGNITION 2 N/A
              IGNITION 3 N/A
              ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 1 ORANGE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
              ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 2 N/A
              KEYSENSE N/A
              PARKING LIGHTS ( - ) N/A
              PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) BROWN (+) IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL
              POWER LOCK LIGHT BLUE (TYPE C) See NOTE *1 IN EITHER DOOR HARNESS
              POWER UNLOCK DARK BLUE (TYPE C) See NOTE *1 IN EITHER DOOR HARNESS
              LOCK MOTOR WIRE GRAY (+) IN DRIVERS DOOR HARNESS
              DOOR TRIGGER GREY (-) BEHIND LEFT REAR SPEAKER
              DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION USE DOOR TRIGGER
              TRUNK RELEASE BLACK/WHITE (+) LOW IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL
              SLIDING POWER DOOR N/A
              HORN BLACK (-) @ STEERING COLUMN HARNESS
              TACH WHITE or RED/BLACK, See NOTE *2 @ COIL/DISTRIBUTOR ASSEMBLY
              WAIT TO START LIGHT N/A
              BRAKE LIGHT BLUE (+) or YELLOW (+) @ SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
              FACTORY ALARM DISARM N/A
              ANTI-THEFT 2 WHITE or 1 WHITE and 1 PURPLE, wires are in an ORANGE tube GM's VATS System @ Ignition Switch Harness
              NOTES
              NOTE *1 if vehicle DOES NOT come with a FACTORY KEYLESS ENTRY System, it uses a TYPE C DOOR LOCKING SYSTEM, use the PASSENGER SWITCH as the MASTER SWITCH when testing these wires. For vehicle with a FACTORY KEYLESS ENTRY System, use the RED/BLACK for the LOCK and a ORANGE/BLACK for the UNLOCK, both wires are located in the PASSENGER KICK PANEL at the KEYLESS ENTRY Module, this system is also a TYPE C and use the PASSENGER SWITCH as the MASTER SWITCH when testing.

NOTE *2 the TACH wire on the V-6 Engine, is a WHITE wire and on the V-8 Engine, it is the RED/BLACK wire.

Mai
              IF IT'S TOO LOUND, YOU ARE TOO OLD
              97 Firehawk Production # 23

Comment

Working...
              X