Tire goes wawawawawwawawa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire goes wawawawawwawawa

What causes a tire to become noisy? My brother in law recently had a tire plugged and ever since then it is very loud. It resonates throughout the entire car.

Any thoughts?
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

IT's probably out of balance now, the plug adds some weight. Although you'd think that the shop would have balanced it afterwards...
    1996 T/A - BBK headers & throttle body, K&N filter, 1.6:1 Comp Cams Pro Magnums, Warbird hood w/ SLP Ram-Air

Comment

um...what kinda car does he drive?

I used to get a wawawawawawa too...I thought it was the tires, nope, it was the rear axle.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

could be a broken belt in the tire. where is the plug? my bros car made a faint wawawawa.... sound it turned out to be his LR tire had broken a belt and now was squared off. take a look. easy to tell
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

The car is his 1999 Bonneville. The plug was in the middle of the tread. Quiet before the plug, noisy after the plug. My first thought was that maybe the belt package was damaged.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Was it plugged or patched? If it was plugged have him take it and get that plug removed and get it patched right. Since they have to take the tire off to patch it they will have to rebalance it which may fix it.

FYI I have seen the installation of a tire plug break a belt causing the belts to separate and grow a bubble on the tire.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

The Bonneville is front-wheel drive - if the tires aren't properly rotated, they wear unevenly and they'll make that awful wawawawa sound. That's why I love rear wheel drive . . . .
              Darrin C
              '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
              07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Yep, if he truly got a plug, he needs to get rid of it right away. I haven't even heard of a shop still doing plugs in years. Tha shop needs to patch it right like Jeff mentioned. Anytime a tire is dismounted and then remounted, the wheel will have to be re-balanced.

Comment

Working...
                X