NFB-S10 project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB-S10 project

any1 kno or kno some1 who has done this? my buddy guy gave me a great idea for the 350 motor i have. going a different route wit the bird so i was thinking bout gettin a 91ish S10 or blazer(2dr) and dropin in the v8, and baggin it. any input is welcomed! its just an idea right now
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

I know a guy who put a 350 in a S10. I think it was an 1986. It was flat out dangerous even stock. He was going around a gentle bend in the road at about 60, got on the gas and the rear end tried to come around on him. Also it wanted to swap end when under hard braking. He said it wasn't any fun to drive so he sold it. One time his brakes failed when coming to a T intersection. Luckily there was a church driveway in the T (which made it more like a normal 4 way) which gave him a place to go. The only thing he had was his emergency brakes but being heavier in the front and no weight in the back he ended up doing several 360s before it came to a stop. I think that was the final straw that made him sell it.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

There have been a ton of V8 conversions on S10 pickups. I am planning one myself but I'm going the Gen III route.

Now, back to yours. If you are going LT1 or older, you have it made in the shade. There are tons of parts out there to make it an easy conversion. The Gen IIIs take a bit more work. Check out this site. http://parts.s10v8.com/. They have just about everything you need. You can also go to ebay and they always have conversion stuff for sale.

Have a blast. I can't wait to get mine started. That project is second in line.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

thanx PN! yea mine is second in line to the bird.
        im prob gonna c-notch it and bag it with some 17's or 18s.

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
          thanx PN! yea mine is second in line to the bird.
          im prob gonna c-notch it and bag it with some 17's or 18s.
          I have a pair of C notches that I'm not going to use. Do you want them? If so, PM me. I'll sell them to you for the same price I paid plus shipping.

Comment

well frist let me get the truck right now its only and idea and im a fulltime college student

Comment

Been there done that got one. I have got a 83 S10 Blazer with a strong 350 in it with a 700r4. A ton of fun.But you have to be on your toes all the time or it will get you.I also did a S10 Blazer with my old 350 an we put a 5 speed in it.If you do that make a will an let the next of kin know when you will be driving it.But it was a lot doing them.If you want to know anything about doing it E-mail me at zlee@bellsouth.net or call 770-836-5188 I would be glad to help you anyway I can. Or you may want to buy mine. Anyway good luck an have fun. Blazer

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer
                Been there done that got one. I have got a 83 S10 Blazer with a strong 350 in it with a 700r4. A ton of fun.But you have to be on your toes all the time or it will get you.I also did a S10 Blazer with my old 350 an we put a 5 speed in it.If you do that make a will an let the next of kin know when you will be driving it.But it was a lot doing them.If you want to know anything about doing it E-mail me at zlee@bellsouth.net or call 770-836-5188 I would be glad to help you anyway I can. Or you may want to buy mine. Anyway good luck an have fun. Blazer
                Good to have someone with experience. I may be yelling at you when I get to mine. I think my truck will be perfect for "Drifting".

Comment

blazer i think u just confirmed my thoughts. if a blazer is the same as a s10 would the parts interchange. i guess they will. cool now i can have a scary ppl hauler . ill deff be keepin u in mind for when this comes around. i think ill finish off the birds clutch and get the s10/blazer. i kno where i can find one for 600

Comment

Working...
                  X