Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch is rattling in idle

Hey Guys, newby here

My 1997 Firehawk with an LT4 / 6 Speeds, when it idling, you get this rattling noise between the Engine and Trans, it sounds like a bad Throw out Bearing , but when you push/depress the Clutch Pedal or you in any gears, the noise goes away,
    This happen with my stock (SLP) clutch, I burnt it and replace it with Center Force Clutch and Aluminum Flywheel, the noise still there,
    In summary
    New Clutch
    New Flywheel
    New Throw out bearing

And the noise still here and drive me nut

I can use some help here.

Thanks in advance
    IF IT'S TOO LOUND, YOU ARE TOO OLD
    97 Firehawk Production # 23

I get the same thing, just thought it was normal with the T-56 tranny, could be wrong though.
    1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Some rattling is normal. It's not the clutch, it's the bearing on the input shaft of the transmission. If it is rattling alot you might want to have the transmission looked at.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Yes, my 97 6 spd with a spec s3 does that now too. If I Just put my foot on the clutch pedal, without depressing it, just rest it on there to push it a tiny bit, it goes away.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Ditto..... it's the input shaft on the tranny, and its completely normal to have a bit of rattle. When my Formula still had the T56, it had "the rattle". When we pulled the engine out at 65K miles, the original clutch and T/O bearing were still in good shape, but you could grab the input shaft and make it rattle.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thanks for replying,
            I only have 8,400 miles on it, when I replaced the lutch, I checked everything, I've heard a little ratle is normal for the M6 on the LT1/LT4, it would be graet if there is a cure, this is the only thing that I do not like on on my "2ND WIFE"

Mai
            IF IT'S TOO LOUND, YOU ARE TOO OLD
            97 Firehawk Production # 23

Comment

Working...
            X