No announcement yet.

Instrument Cluster Lights wont come on.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instrument Cluster Lights wont come on.

Ok, heres the deal, I just bought a 2002 Z28 and the instrument cluster lights wont come on when i put the switch on. Also the turn signal lights and the high beam lights wont come on as well. I know the kid put blue leds in the insturement cluster, so he could have messed something up. I check all the fuses and are blown, and I took out the LEDS and they look fine. Any ideas of what the problem could potenaially be?

Just turn up the brightness of the lights on the rotor dial thingy next to the light dial. It might be all the way off.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH95Formula
      Just turn up the brightness of the lights on the rotor dial thingy next to the light dial. It might be all the way off.
      If that was the problem the turnsignal and high beam lights would still come on.

Do all of your guages work?
      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

yes, they all work perfecty, and the high beams and signals work, but the lights on the instrument cluster dont come on

Comment

I'd start by taking out the cluster and using a meter to test for 12 volts on the harness.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I've also seen a few instances that the ignition switch was the culprit. All power for the gauge cluster goes through the ignition switch first before heading to the cluster.

Comment

When I replaced my gauge cluster 1 year ago I had 2 bulbs not come on. 1 came on about 30 seconds later, and the other 1 came on the next morning. Year later, and they all still work. If you just installed it maybe you should wait a couple days. Who knows might come on, and work.
              94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Comment

Working...
              X