Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a 98-02 Camaro Instrument Cluster...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a 98-02 Camaro Instrument Cluster...

Ok, I took my buddys 01 instrument cluster from his 2001 Camaro Z28 and put it in my car, and all the lights work perfect including the turn signals and the high beams light. Therefore I guess I need a 98-02 Camaro Z28 or SS instrument cluster with 43K Miles or a bit less in milage. I dont want more miles then 43K because then ill have to take it to a dealer i guess to reprogram, and im sure they will put that in the computers and will probably show up on the car fax. Please let me know if any of you know if anybody has one.

FYI: I swapped the cluster out my of my buddys 01 z28 and the cluster kepts both the milage and the check engine light. When I replaced mine, it has the same miles it had. Therefore whoever said that the PCM has it stored is wrong, the mileage is in the cluster.

Mileage is stored in 3 places. PCM, Gauge Cluster, and the BCM. You need to have a special piece of equipment (that is not available to most individuals and/or professionals) to access that part of the ROM within the PCM and BCM.

But, the mileage will follow the cluster when just swapping clusters.

Check the "Parts for Sale" section on ls1tech.com and cz28.com

Comment

any negatives to swappng clusters with the wrong milage that is in the PCM and BCM?

Comment

Originally posted by 1994BlackFormula
        any negatives to swappng clusters with the wrong milage that is in the PCM and BCM?
        No. The PCM and the BCM will continue to accumulate mileage. This is so that an accurate portrayal of mileage on the chassis is maintained.

Technically by Federal Law, you are not supposed to swap in a cluster with less than actual vehicle mileage on the car that the cluster is going into....BUT..as long as you are fairly close no one will care. This would be different of course if we were selling a valuable classic or antique car.

Comment

Working...
        X