30 % of the work is done

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 % of the work is done

Well, i got the new gears installed. We only ran into one problem where one of the bolts stretched itself so we replaced all of them in case any others were weak. Now all we have lefts is the headers, plugs and wires for next saturday. The gears are amazing, there is so much more punch in 2nd, 3rd and 4th, I love it!!!

Before I had the work done i used to get vibrations after 90 mph, now there even worse after that speed, we replaced the U-joints also so I think I'm gonna have to upgrade to the 1le shaft.

As far as my oil leak, we cleaned the low oil sensor up and took it out for a drive in the parking lot and road to test the gears which have no whine at all and are smooth as can be. It appeared that the low oil sensor is leaking from where the plug-in is. So were replacing that when we take the Y-pip off so we can have the room to pull it out.

Any suggestions on where I should get the driveshaft, and will I need to get new U joints again??
    1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

hey hey... you did the samething I did. Headers, y-pipe, gears...the only addition was SFC.

wait till you get the headers in...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
    X