Suncoast hood

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suncoast hood

I've been trying to do some research on Ram Air hoods recently and I've got a few questions. Does anyone know if Suncoast still has problems with the fit and finish of their hoods, all the threads i've been able to find are 2-3 years old and I was just wondering if they have fixed the QC issues yet. Also, I saw a lot made of the fact that their hoods weren't DOT certified, has that changed? Finally, is it really that hard to find a body shop capable of doing work that won't be noticably different than the paint on the rest of the car. I mean you can even tell a major difference on the pics of SLP hoods on www.slponline.com. Seems like if I was going to advertise something like that I would get the colors as close as possible. My car is black so this is a major concern of mine.

Thanks for any help.
    '01 Black TA, M6 Factory Hurst, flowmaster cat backs

sence we are back on the subject of hoods . . . . .does anyone know of a nice ss style for a 94 z-28 that i could have both ss style "ram air " AND cowel induction ?
    1994 Z28 stage 2 intercooled procharger, P-1sc, 6lb pully,42lbfuel injectors,255intank pump,1 3/4headers,highflow cat, borla ajust. cat back,chrome moly LCA,chrome moly ajust. panhard bar, Kenny Brownweld-in subframe conectors, built trans. kevlar lined 2600 stall, kevlar clutches, hardend parts,,built rearend; moser axles, eaton posi, richmond 3.42 gears, rare ROH ZR6 17* 9.5 wheels, custom computer tune with laptop and LT1edit , 380rwhp 395rwtq , 60' 1.71, 1/8th 8.00,1/412.60@109mph

Comment

1st question: i dont kno but i hear alot of good things from ppl who buy cervinies(sp?)

2nd question: your best bet would be the big block hood. it is close to the SS hood cept it has the middle hump in the middle of the scoop.
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

my suncoast hood fit pretty well its not perfect but no aftermarket hoos is. As for the paint myne matched great but thats on a car that was garage kept w/ 5k on it a year, so its wasnt faded
        R.I.P. 2001 Trans Am- C5's 17" and 18", way too expensive stereo, SLP LM, WS6 hood, and more to come.
        2002 GSXR 750- PC, -1, tinted windscreen

Comment

I have a suncoast and I thought it fit very well. The only problem I had but wasn't really the companies fault was how wavy the fiberglass was and my paint shop didn't fix
          I LOVE COBRA'S -
          THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

95 SS clone- LT1, t-56, pro 5.0, short stick, sidewinder knob, AS&M headers, 3.73 , TA cover, Borla exhaust, MSD , BMR- chromoly suspension, Torq Thrust II

Comment

So does anyone know if Suncoast has gotten DOT cert.? Also, anyone know of any good body shops in Memphis?
            '01 Black TA, M6 Factory Hurst, flowmaster cat backs

Comment

There is 0 profit in getting a hood DOT certified.

You legally can sell aftermarket hoods without a DOT certification, but if you sell a "new car" the hood has to be DOT approved.

To get the DOT approval you gotta crash a lot of them b!#ches, and what hood manufacturer wants to buy a bunch of cars to crash, just so they can say "DOT approved"

That's why SLP's stuff is DOT approved, and so costly.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

2001 TA ~ 2000 TA ~ 95 TA - Sold ~ 87 FB - Buried in New Mexico ~ 86 FB - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Ouija
                There is 0 profit in getting a hood DOT certified.

You legally can sell aftermarket hoods without a DOT certification, but if you sell a "new car" the hood has to be DOT approved.

To get the DOT approval you gotta crash a lot of them b!#ches, and what hood manufacturer wants to buy a bunch of cars to crash, just so they can say "DOT approved"

That's why SLP's stuff is DOT approved, and so costly.

and thats why slp's hoods wont cut your head off during a front end collision.............

3cents

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

got a suncost creastions hod about 3 years ago. no problems with it at all. only that that struts lasted about 6 months. good thing i still had my oem 95 struts. just make sure the paint shop preps the hood and you let it "cure" in the sun for about 3-5 days. then your set for paint. got my hood with functional air box and k&n filter for $749 shipped. look at my sig pick..
                  good luck,
                  ed
                  1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

Working...
                  X