Impressions of 1LE swaybars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressions of 1LE swaybars

This isn't a tech question, I thought I would simply add to the database in case someone did a search on 1LE swaybars. I put them on my 94 V6 M5 and I have to say the combination of 32mm front and 21mm rear makes the car a bear in the corners. My setup is Koni shocks, stock springs, 1LE swaybars, 3.42 gears, 17x9 wheels and 285/40/17 GSD3s. The car is incredibly flat in the corners and has awesome balance due to having the lighter V6 up front. At the limit, I can lift off the throttle and the rear steps out ever so slightly yet catches as soon as the throttle is reapplied. By far, this would eat my 97 WS6 for lunch in the turns. Too bad it just doesn't have the muscle of a V8 for the straights. I highly recommend the 1LE upgrade, especially with the 21mm rear bar.

My 96 SS takes turns awesome compared to my old 93 Z28. I know the SS has upgraded springs too, but the combination of 17x9 wheels, 275 tires, springs and the swaybars it handles great! But it's definitely a lot stiffer overall compared to the Z28.
    69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
    70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
    2000 SS Camaro daily beater

Comment

Totally agreed, Joe...and let me recommend to you and anyone interested in upgrade the LT1 suspension that replacing the stock springs with 1LE springs plus the 1LE sway bars the suspension performance is better than the sway bars alone.....My car has this combo since few years ago and I can not more pleased with them...
      Take care
      dochidalgo
      97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

looks like u found ur auto-x or road course car
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Just did mine three days ago. It def does not feel like a tug boat in the turns anymore.. If anyone is interested in getting the 32 MM sway bar. I found this place that sells them for $29.99
          http://www.gyrhead.com/Catalog/Searc...26&VendorID=49
          96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

Arrgh...Whenever I buy a part it never fails. Someone posts a better deal. I just bought a used one for $52.
            Joe K.
            '11 BMW 328i
            '10 Matrix S AWD
            Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Don't forget about SFCs as well. You'd be surprised how much the SLPs helped the Z in the turns
              Steve
              79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
              87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
              93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
              http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

whats the diff. between GM 1LE and a BMR or sphon
                1994 Z28 stage 2 intercooled procharger, P-1sc, 6lb pully,42lbfuel injectors,255intank pump,1 3/4headers,highflow cat, borla ajust. cat back,chrome moly LCA,chrome moly ajust. panhard bar, Kenny Brownweld-in subframe conectors, built trans. kevlar lined 2600 stall, kevlar clutches, hardend parts,,built rearend; moser axles, eaton posi, richmond 3.42 gears, rare ROH ZR6 17* 9.5 wheels, custom computer tune with laptop and LT1edit , 380rwhp 395rwtq , 60' 1.71, 1/8th 8.00,1/412.60@109mph

Comment

All three are 32 mm... Spohn is chrome moly, 1LE is factory upgrade, BMR seems to be the same as 1LE. After market one come with poly bushings.
                  96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

The only difference I see between the BMR on my T/A and the 1LE on the Camaro is the BMR is red powdercoat and comes with poly bushings.

Comment

chrome moly is lighter
                      1994 Z28 stage 2 intercooled procharger, P-1sc, 6lb pully,42lbfuel injectors,255intank pump,1 3/4headers,highflow cat, borla ajust. cat back,chrome moly LCA,chrome moly ajust. panhard bar, Kenny Brownweld-in subframe conectors, built trans. kevlar lined 2600 stall, kevlar clutches, hardend parts,,built rearend; moser axles, eaton posi, richmond 3.42 gears, rare ROH ZR6 17* 9.5 wheels, custom computer tune with laptop and LT1edit , 380rwhp 395rwtq , 60' 1.71, 1/8th 8.00,1/412.60@109mph

Comment

Working...
                      X