Spark Plug Gap ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark Plug Gap ?

Ok well I picked up some ngk tr55 ix iridium's. and the gap on them out of the box seems kinda big. should i keep it that gap or put them to somthing different?
    96 Camaro Z28, T-tops, 6 Speed, Slp CIA, Flowmaster cat-back, 3:42 gears

Recommended is 0.050
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Ok i think thats about what its at, my gauge only goes up to .045, but its not much bigger then that so i'm guessing .050. so you think its good to know right out of box then?

Comment

Sometimes on the boxes it says what they are pre-gapped to, check that
        1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Gaps on plugs should always be verified before installing.
          Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

I think the NGK Iridiums I installed were pretty close to 0.050 out of the box, but as Rob says, you should make sure.
            94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

yea, i'm having trouble with the back passenger side plug, will i just have to pull the y-pipe?

Comment

If you have really small arms you maybe able to go up through the ypipe (or around it). But I always just dropped the ypipe down to change the plugs in my '93.

Randy
                99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
                93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

Working...
                X