Weight savings update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight savings update

Well I've had the car on a diet for the last couple of months. So far with the car keeping it's stock appearence. I've removed
    1.A/C compressor with all hard lines and brackets (replaced with 1LE pulley)
    2.Cruse control unit with throttle cable and metal bracket on sway bar
    3.Spare tire and jack
    4. A/C condensor
    5.Air pump and hardlines
    6.All Insulation material around the car removed including under carpet.
    7. Replaced steel drive shaft with 1LE Driveshaft.
    I had thought about the radio and speakers but can't bring myself to do it.
    Next I was thinking of using that alternator relocation bracket and ditching the Power steering and accessory bracket. But I dont know. Also switching to a manual steering rack. I guess I need to figure out what I want this car to be.
    96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Originally posted by Red20170
    I guess I need to figure out what I want this car to be.
    In what configuration will you enjoy the car the most?

track car?
    street car?

It sounds like you need to pick one and jump on it. Where will you be utilizing the car most frequently? Do you go to the track alot?

Track cars are often not very pleasant, comfortable or enjoyable to drive on the street. If this is a car that is mostly street driven be carefull you dont strip it down so far you cannot enjoy its primary function.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I second that opinion. Comfort isn't the issue with a track car, while it's pretty central to a street car, even more so a daily driver.

*Pam*

2002 Firebird 3.8 A/T - all stock
      1998 Ford Contour SVT #1578 of 6535

Comment

so whats it weigh now ? you did do a before and after right ?
        1994 Z28 stage 2 intercooled procharger, P-1sc, 6lb pully,42lbfuel injectors,255intank pump,1 3/4headers,highflow cat, borla ajust. cat back,chrome moly LCA,chrome moly ajust. panhard bar, Kenny Brownweld-in subframe conectors, built trans. kevlar lined 2600 stall, kevlar clutches, hardend parts,,built rearend; moser axles, eaton posi, richmond 3.42 gears, rare ROH ZR6 17* 9.5 wheels, custom computer tune with laptop and LT1edit , 380rwhp 395rwtq , 60' 1.71, 1/8th 8.00,1/412.60@109mph

Comment

No.. I have not weighed it yet. It's all sitting in the garage. Except for the insulation. I will get around to weighing it. I need to find some place with a scale, To weigh the car. I think the moving company not too far from here has one.
          96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

380rwhp 395rwtq

I don't think weight is an issue is it..

Comment

380rwhp 395rwtq

I don't think weight is an issue is it..
              What heads/cam/intake manifold setup do you have?

Comment

Stock motor for me... 380rwhp 395rwtq is what roastm's numbers are in his sig. I was saying with those numbers weight should not be a issue for him.

Comment

well ...... 380 rwhp 395rwlbft out of a built 4l60 for some strange reason all i can squeeze out it is a 12.60 @ 109 with a 1.71 60' somthing tells me that their is alot more to find in the 1/4 the numbers just dont sound right to me. i have a friend with a 331 stroker in a 94 Henry and he runs 1.95 60' 12.40 in the 1/4 ive seen a high 12.3 he's making 318rwhp & 310 rwlbft . . . . I DONT GET IT ! how ever every time we raced this year both high way , dead stop , and at the track i have beat him but still theirs got to be more to find and all i can think is going on a diet ( stock heads stock cam )
                  1994 Z28 stage 2 intercooled procharger, P-1sc, 6lb pully,42lbfuel injectors,255intank pump,1 3/4headers,highflow cat, borla ajust. cat back,chrome moly LCA,chrome moly ajust. panhard bar, Kenny Brownweld-in subframe conectors, built trans. kevlar lined 2600 stall, kevlar clutches, hardend parts,,built rearend; moser axles, eaton posi, richmond 3.42 gears, rare ROH ZR6 17* 9.5 wheels, custom computer tune with laptop and LT1edit , 380rwhp 395rwtq , 60' 1.71, 1/8th 8.00,1/412.60@109mph

Comment

Still...Nice ride

Comment

thank you more pics if you would like

Comment

Stock motor for me... 380rwhp 395rwtq is what roastm's numbers are in his sig. I was saying with those numbers weight should not be a issue for him.
                        Ahh...my bad. I thought you were claiming those as your numbers.

Comment

Ahh...my bad. I thought you were claiming those as your numbers.
                          I'll bet your B.S. meter went off the chart?

Comment

380 and 395 to the wheels ARE my numbers i bet ive pulled 6 diffrent dyno days and its always the same

Comment

ok NOW its MY bad sorry i should read more careful before i respond you were talking to ( red 20170 ) again my bad

Comment

Working...
                              X